Error message from Microcode Studio

Closed Thread

Default Error message from Microcode Studio

I use PICBasic, (not Pro.)

When I try to compile using Microcode Studio, I get "out of memory, PBC.EXE."

I am using Windows 7, and have compressed most of my hard drive, but not the PBC folder.

I just moved from Vista, where all I had no trouble, but my HD was not compressed.

I'll be grateful for help.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default More

Quote Originally Posted by AMay View Post
    I use PICBasic, (not Pro.)

When I try to compile using Microcode Studio, I get "out of memory, PBC.EXE."

I am using Windows 7, and have compressed most of my hard drive, but not the PBC folder.

I just moved from Vista, where all I had no trouble, but my HD was not compressed.

I'll be grateful for help.
    Now, after removing "raed only" tags i get the error messsage "can't create run.bat"
    I am still out of business. (I have reinstalled all related programs of course.0

If your Windows7 is 64-bit, then PBC won't run because PM.exe is a 16-bit program.

If you have Win7-32, then be sure to right-click the install programs and "Run as Administrator".
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Darrel Taylor View Post
    If your Windows7 is 64-bit, then PBC won't run because PM.exe is a 16-bit program.

If you have Win7-32, then be sure to right-click the install programs and "Run as Administrator".
    Thanks. I finally got it to work by moving my programs as a sub folder to PBC, and offering to share PBC and its sub folders with the universe. It did ask abiut running as administrator, and I said yes.

I was afraid I was out of bsiness for a while.

Default Re: Error message from Microcode Studio

I've been using pbc pro (v2.5) and had the same problem. One minute things were working, then they suddenly we not. Seems PBC does not like a long tree. I moved my source directory closer to the root of my main drive ( eg: c:\source\ ) and I stopped getting the out of memory errors. pbc also does not seem to like using network drives as the source/ output directory.

Anyone else seen this? I have not seen it as a fix for the pbc or pbcwin out of memory issue. Does seem to work though.

Default Re: Error message from Microcode Studio

The path to the file including the file name and extension has to be less than 64 characters.
    If it is less than 64 then it will work.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.