BlinkM and PIC?

Closed Thread

Thread: BlinkM and PIC?

Default BlinkM and PIC?

Has anyone mucked about with a BlinkM and PIC?

I've just picked one up and was wondering if there were any people here who had done some rudimentary commands to it via PIC or PC/PIC interface.

Picster

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: BlinkM and PIC?

HI,

I just purchased a BlinkM and thought it would be a simple exercise to do I2C on it. Not having much luck using the I2C commands against it. I did some websearching and found some info (not sure how true or not) which made me believe that the PIC BASIC and PRO are register types of commands and the BlinkM is not; therefore we may have to build our own I2C interface. I don't know for sure but am just passing on what I read so far. Let me know if you have any success please, and I shall let you know how my work goes.

Toadman

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: BlinkM and PIC?

GOT IT! The BasicPro command set works just fine, , seems I should wear my glasses more often as I connected the clock bus line to the NON bus clock pin. Of course my I2C bus wasn't working; if I had my BusBee working I could have troubleshot it but that is another story. No matter, GOT IT WORKING so have at it my friend. I was able to write to the BlinkM fine. Reading, , well I have to try that tomorrow.

Oh, just for the record, if you misconnect your I2C bus like I did originally and use the I2C command string including the last bit where you can have a failure message occur, , well, , it didn't give me any error message like I thought it would. Once I hooked it up to the proper pin, then disconnected it from the bus, it did give me an error message. Whatever, , just don't count on that error message (like I did) to help you troubleshoot I2C. Best to use an analyzer (like the one I DON'T have working yet).

Toadman

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.