swap lcd 16x2 with 20x2

Closed Thread

Default swap lcd 16x2 with 20x2

Hi I am new in this forum, and I want to ask a question concerning the swapping of the two lcds. It seems in this forum there is great experiance in LCDs. Is it possible without changing nothing (swap lcd 16x2 with 20x2)? I have a situation where the 16x2 (lcd1602 blue backlight) is working ok but when I use the 20x2(rt2002a2 blu backlight) it does not. If I connect all the pins on the 20x2 I get in the the straight line but in very week black color. No messages -data. If I disconect RW or/and EN then I get the straight line white OK but no messages. I use starnded hook up wire to connect the LCD with the PIC. Do you have any clue what to do. The fact is that I have a delevirable and last moment I have to use biger display and it does not work.
    Any help is welcome. Is there any chance the LCD to be out of order? I am waiting for a new one.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Default Re: swap lcd 16x2 with 20x2

1. Maybe the new LCD is slower so it needs more start up time. Look for the LCD_COMMAND and LCD_DATAUS DEFINE's.

2. What about the contrast setting ofthe LCD?

Ioannis

Thanks for the reply. I tried this is the same. The strange think is that when I connect the enable or RW the line goes weak black from white.

Quote Originally Posted by kzeoprf View Post
    Hi I am new in this forum, and I want to ask a question concerning the swapping of the two lcds. It seems in this forum there is great experiance in LCDs. Is it possible without changing nothing (swap lcd 16x2 with 20x2)? I have a situation where the 16x2 (lcd1602 blue backlight) is working ok but when I use the 20x2(rt2002a2 blu backlight) it does not. If I connect all the pins on the 20x2 I get in the the straight line but in very week black color. No messages -data. If I disconect RW or/and EN then I get the straight line white OK but no messages. I use starnded hook up wire to connect the LCD with the PIC. Do you have any clue what to do. The fact is that I have a delevirable and last moment I have to use biger display and it does not work.
    Any help is welcome. Is there any chance the LCD to be out of order? I am waiting for a new one.
    I would check the pin out on the LCD maybe one of them is non standard, also make sure to bypass the power input pins with a smal cap. Some are a bit sensitive to noise, I found.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

I done that but the same think. The 20x 2 lcd was chosen due to they have the same controler and the same initialization sequense. I think do not have any options to wait the new lcd.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.