Hi Guys and ladies,

Finally managed to get back into my pic development, :-)

On one hand i want to continue my pressure sensor project, on the other I'dlike to start a "quick" DIY anemometer build.

The theory is making a anemometer assembly using some bearing etc.to get it nearly friction free, then, in terms of a pickup I知 thinking ofusing a small magnetic read switch and a magnet.

Now, i understand the principles of a switch and I assume a read switchwould work the same way as a normal pushbutton switch. My second assumption isthat I would need to add some kind of debounce, I have searched and found someawesome examples from Mel, :-).

Now to my concern, in order to get anything usable I would need to count thenumber of "presses" of the switch in a given period of time, and thenusing some math it should be reasonably simple to calculate a wind speed (willdo the calibration with a handheld anemometer.

I知 hoping to base it on a 12F675 or a 16F876A this i have connected to aLCD currently so probably more likely as I would use the LCD as the display..

The counting of the pulses I知 fine with, but, can anyone share or direct meto some examples of doing it in a given time (thinking a refresh of around20ms) thus if i get X presses every 20ms I should be able get to a speed, :-)

Sorry for the long post, been a while, :-)

Cheers

Rob