My apologies to Tibbo (maybe)

Threaded View

Default My apologies to Tibbo (maybe)

A couple of days back I complained rather bitterly about Tibbo cancelling its EM202 (without notice) three years ago, taking two years to develop a replacement that they could sell in the USA, and then, after another year of promising firmware changes to allow the new module (EM500) to also use their WiFi module (GA1000) telling me that the firmware would not be available this year as they had decided to work instead on a standalone WiFi module. I interpreted this to mean the firmware was unlikely to ever see the light of day.

My post was in response to someone else mentioning the EM202. The post I was commenting on, my post, and a few others were taken down as they were stomping all over the OP's very useful post on another topic and hijacking his thread.

However, I think my post may have found its way to Tibbo. I received an email yesterday that they had finished the firmware and would release it shortly. If they do indeed release it, the maybe in my subject no longer applies.

The EM500 is a very neat design. By mounting a female SMT header on the bottom surface of the PCB, it can be plugged in by the end user eliminating the need to solder pins with 0.050 inch spacing. By being able to also plug in the GA1000, it is even more flexible and does not require two different PCB designs. Here are links to the various modules...

Last edited by dhouston; - 24th May 2011 at 16:53.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.