Hi All,

I've got a laptop with a new install of PBP 2.60A. If I try to compile anything targetting a PIc18xxx, I get a bunch of errors:

"overwriting previous address contents (0000)"
"overwriting previous address contents (0001)"
"Program word too large. Truncated to core size. (017D18C4)"
"Each object file section must be contiguous (section .config_000000_untitled.o)
"Program word too large. Truncated to core size. (017D18D8)"

This happens even if the program contains just the word 'clear' - nothing else. So it's not resulting from manually setting the fuses in the file, without erasing them from the include file.

I'm running MPLAB v8.53, however I've also tried the latest version - no joy. MPASMWin reports version 5.36.

I have another PC running the exact same version of PBP and MPLAB (at times I've literally copied the c:\PBP and c:\Program Files\Microchip folders over) that works perfectly. If I copy the .asm file from the laptop to the PC, it compiles fine. If I use MicroCode Studio and target the ancient included version of MPASM, it also works fine. When I try using a modern MPASM (either 5.36 or 5.39) it fails with the above errors.

I'd really love to get a modern MPASM working so I can use MPLAB with COFF support and debug with an ICD3. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.