unable to access any ports

Closed Thread

Default unable to access any ports

I am trying to shift my development system across to a Samsung N150 netbook for better portability. I have PBP 2.60a, meLabs U2 USB programmer, win XP home, MPASM v5.03, PIC18LF4620.
    My code was written on my desktop PC, where it compiles and loads just fine.

On my netbook the code compiles but when I try to program the PIC via the U2 programmer, I get the error message "unable to access any ports". I think this is a windows issue rather than a PBP one but I cannot find any clues on the web.

Any suggestions??

BrianT

malc-c Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Try right clicking on the programers EXE and select "run as administrator" to see if that helps.

Default No administrator is set

Thanks Malcolm but I am confused.

I forgot to mention I am using MicroCodeStudioPlus. I can compile and MCSP opens the programmer and then, when I select COMPILE, I get the error message. If I close the programmer and right click it I get 'run as' with me as the normal user and provision to select some other user. There has never been another user, or administrator, so I don't know what to enter as the username

You should be the admin then.
    Go to control panel and user accounts to see who is who.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

malc-c Guest

One other thing to try is to re-boot the netbook and go into the BIOS and make sure that (if exists) the USB ports are enabled / active.

One other possible cause is that the programmer is looking for a serial com pot, which on most netbooks don't exists - have you double checked the config settings of the programmer ?

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.