A header wizard

Closed Thread

Thread: A header wizard

Hybrid View

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

%
    Hello cncmachineguy,
    Here are a couple of ideas I have given thought to:
    1. Make "Include" files for the chips you use regularly.
    2. make start up files for each chip and name them accordingly, use lots of comments on the register settings so you do not have to bury yourself in them each time. Then after opening them, save them as your new project name, something like Blinky16F690.bas. Lots of us make new File directories for each project, so this naming convention works if you recompile for a different chip, say Blinky16F648A.bas, then all your hex files will be named that way too.
    BTW
    I program and run a Fadal TRM when I work, great to see another cnc guy here.
    %
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Wow! lots of intrest. I would like to point out while all the solutions presented seem to be great ideas for tending to the config bits, the goal is a total configuration tool. The config bits are just a starting point. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the tips.

@Joe, that is a great idea, and may very well be the better option, but this IS the "wish list" section.

I have 3 bridgeport VMC's all running DX2 controls, and a FEMCO lathe with a fanuc control. I agree it is nice to find others with like jobs.
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

What type of tool changer do your Bridgeport VMC's have? Side-mount or carousel style?

Hi guys,

Let me get my inexperienced nose into this conversation . But, unless I'm missing something here, there is already a software out there that helps you to set the configuration fuses in your PIC. It is easy to use and you don't need to worry about the INC files or anything like that. This software comes with the U2 Melabs programmers.

http://store.melabs.com/prod/u2/U2.html

Robert
    "No one is completely worthless. They can always serve as a bad example."

Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by rsocor01 View Post
    Hi guys,

Let me get my inexperienced nose into this conversation . But, unless I'm missing something here, there is already a software out there that helps you to set the configuration fuses in your PIC. It is easy to use and you don't need to worry about the INC files or anything like that. This software comes with the U2 Melabs programmers.

http://store.melabs.com/prod/u2/U2.html

Robert
    But that is not free.

cncmachineguy
    Wow! lots of intrest. I would like to point out while all the solutions presented seem to be great ideas for tending to the config bits, the goal is a total configuration tool.
    One step at a time. The configs seem to be the thing that give most folks the most trouble, then ADC, then timers. PicMultiCalc has the timer part covered.
    Dave
    Always wear safety glasses while programming.

malc-c Guest

Interesting thread. My 2c worth:

Looking back at a lot of posts from people starting with PICs the most common stumbling block is the port settings, especially with chips like the 12F675 which requires the ports to be set to digital rather than have them digital as standard. It would be useful to simply select the chip, select if you want ADC, etc and then click on the "copy code to clipboard" button like mr-e's pic calc.

Like I said, just suggestions... I'f what ever you guys come up with, if it makes getting started with a new chip easier I'm all for it

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by rmteo View Post
    What type of tool changer do your Bridgeport VMC's have? Side-mount or carousel style?
    they all have 22 station carousel. vmc1000/22, vmc760/22 and torque cut 22. I've had the 1000 sinc new,1996. The oters I bought used.
    -Bert

The glass is not half full or half empty, Its twice as big as needed for the job!

http://foamcasualty.com/ - Warbird R/C scratch building with foam!

Quote Originally Posted by cncmachineguy View Post
    they all have 22 station carousel. vmc1000/22, vmc760/22 and torque cut 22. I've had the 1000 sinc new,1996. The oters I bought used.
    OK, thanks.

Hi, Guys

has someone tried CCS, Flowcode, WIZ-C or The Cypress Psoc Express ???

Worth the look ...

Alain
    Why insist on using 32 Bits when you're not even able to deal with the first 8 ones ??? ehhhhhh ...
    IF there is the word "Problem" in your question ...
    certainly the answer is " RTFM " or " RTFDataSheet " !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Acetronics View Post
    Hi, Guys

has someone tried CCS, Flowcode, WIZ-C or The Cypress Psoc Express ???

Worth the look ...

Alain
    Never heard of them..
    What do they do?
    Dave

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.