programming 18F97J60 with winpic800 + JDM clone via ICSP

Closed Thread

Default programming 18F97J60 with winpic800 + JDM clone via ICSP

The 18F97J60 is a surface mount chip so i've designed a CPU board for it to go on with an ICSP socket.
    When i looked in winpic800 to change the chip the chip is grayed out but does allow me to select it. I've looked through winpic's help and cant see anything that tells me why it's grayed out.
    I'm assuming it is grayed out because it's telling me i have to use ICSP. Can someone please confirm this?

Thanks

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

I could be wrong, but here's my take.

The Winpic800 supports multiple programmers; (JDM or other serial, EPIC type parallel port ones and certain USB ones)

So, if that device is greyed out, it means that the programmer hardware you have selected cannot do that device. Notice if you select a GTP-USB, the chip shows up in black.

Time to buy / build a Pickit2!

Regards,

Anand Dhuru

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Correct me if im wrong (please) but my question is with ICSP, are the ICSP programming all the same for all the pic18's regardless of VDD/VSS voltages...

So, for example...
    The PIC18F4550 is a ~5V chip and is directly supported by my JDM but can be used by ICSP also...
    The PIC18F97J60 is a ~3V chip... can it still be programmed by the ICSP from the JDM programmer?

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.