The com-port has not been working since I used the windows DEBUG-mode.

Threaded View

Default The com-port has not been working since I used the windows DEBUG-mode.

I was using a Velleman 8076 programmer 2 years ago for the last time. It worked flawlessly, I just did not have any pic project in mind up to today. In the meantime I had issues with my com-port I am using my Palm m500-Cradle on, so I changed the palm transmission speed to 19200. Then the palm transmission worked again. But Velleman 8076 programmer's software PicProg2006(same applies to PicProg2009) says that there was no Velleman programmer connected(I switched the plugs as I have a single com-port, so the programmer was in the same com-port the cradle was previously).

The issues happened when I had my palm m500 - cradle connected while using the debug mode of windows for a longer period of time. Later on I read that in debug mode there is data being sent all the time to com1. After that the issues started.

What can I do to make it work again? As there were software actions being taken, maybe these issues can be repaired using software. I am using Windows XP.
    Last edited by IAmTheAnswer; - 5th May 2010 at 11:09.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.