MpLAB icd 2 Microcode studio plus

Closed Thread

Unhappy MpLAB icd 2 Microcode studio plus

I just bought a new MPLAB icd 2 and i can't seem to programing anything on my pic with MPLAB ide software, it says it programmed successful but when i do a read from the pic nothing comes up, or even after i program it i got check the memory and none is used. I've been programing with microcode studio plus for quit a while and am very comfortable programing with it, is their a way i can use my USC ICD 2 with microcode studio, i tried adding the programmer but its not in the list so tried making a custom one but i need a loader (.exe) for it i check both web site and came up with nothing.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by mitchf14 View Post
    I just bought a new MPLAB icd 2 and i can't seem to programing anything on my pic with MPLAB ide software, it says it programmed successful but when i do a read from the pic nothing comes up, or even after i program it i got check the memory and none is used. I've been programing with microcode studio plus for quit a while and am very comfortable programing with it, is their a way i can use my USC ICD 2 with microcode studio, i tried adding the programmer but its not in the list so tried making a custom one but i need a loader (.exe) for it i check both web site and came up with nothing.

Has anyone encountered this before or have any ideas, would be greatly appreciated.
    I used to use a JDM clone programmer, and if the settings got switched to the wrong COM port, it would say it was successful when in fact nothing was programmed.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Default PIC Programmer

Its a usb programmer so maybe it has something to do with the driver.

Thanks Joe

Cool Any Other software

Would anyone know if i can use a different loader for the mplab icd 2, i can just write my code in microcode studio plus and compile file, then open a different loader with my hex file from microcode and program the chip.

Quote Originally Posted by mitchf14 View Post
    Would anyone know if i can use a different loader for the mplab icd 2, i can just write my code in microcode studio plus and compile file, then open a different loader with my hex file from microcode and program the chip.
    Hi Mitch, I have never used a bootloader, but I do use PICKIT2 and I do not call it from MCS I open it
    separately and from it I call up the hex.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Smile Pic Programmer

Ya that's exactly how i got it working i build my code in micro studio plus compile it and then open mlapide and import my hex setup my programmer in the settings and it works.

Kind of a work around but it works.

Thanks

There is a recent thread I have not yet tried as to how to make PICKIT2 work from MCS. I have gotten used to doing it the other way.

Steve

It's not a bug, it's a random feature.
    There's no problem, only learning opportunities.