Difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and -E/P

Closed Thread

Default Difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and -E/P

This must be so obvious it is impossible to find .... what is the difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and PIC18F4431-E/P ?

Andrew

Edit:
    Is it as simple as ?

"I means industrial temperature range, and E means extended temperature range" ?
    Last edited by AndrewC; - 18th December 2008 at 11:53.

skimask Guest

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    Edit:
    Is it as simple as ?
    "I means industrial temperature range, and E means extended temperature range" ?
    Yep...that's just about it. According to the datasheet, one is apparently just a bit more 'robust' than the other. Whether there are actually some big engineering changes or not, I don't know. I order whatever is cheaper

Check that...
    The errata datasheet for that PIC, DS80239A, shows the differences in the range of Vdd between the industrial and the extended versions.
    But again...whether there are major engineering changes internally or if the Extended versions just test better, I don't know.
    Last edited by skimask; - 18th December 2008 at 17:14.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    This must be so obvious it is impossible to find .... what is the difference between PIC18F4431-I/P and PIC18F4431-E/P ?

Andrew

Edit:
    Is it as simple as ?

Sometimes the packaging material is better, ceramic vs plastic, sometimes they are baked and checked to see if they survived, others irradiated and checked esp mil spec parts. I really think the silicon is the same.
    If you do not believe in MAGIC, Consider how currency has value simply by printing it, and is then traded for real assets.
    Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants - but debt is the money of slaves
    There simply is no "Happy Spam" If you do it you will disappear from this forum.

Members who have read this thread : 1

You do not have permission to view the list of names.