PDA

View Full Version : i need jdm usb circuit

buntheun
- 20th September 2008, 04:12
dear all please help me i need it so much na.....!!!

mackrackit
- 20th September 2008, 04:44
Why do you need this?

skimask
- 20th September 2008, 05:11
huh...
I type this into Google...
jdm programmer usb
and on the first hit, I get a standard jdm programmer circuit with a serial port at one end.
I type in usb converter, and I get lots of hits for a USB-serial converter...and get this...I also get hits for USB-serial adapter chips...like one from FTDI, a CP2102, a CP2103...
Amazing isn't it...!!!
That Google is one neato search engine ain't it?

buntheun
- 22nd September 2008, 03:14
Why do you need this?

cos my computer dont have com port so i need it

skimask
- 22nd September 2008, 03:17

Refer to post #3...

ardhuru
- 22nd September 2008, 06:13

The JDM, while easy to make is very iffy in the best of circumstances (with a proper serial port). With a USB-to-serial converter, it will NOT work.

If you insist on building your own programmer, google for PICKit2 clones.

Regards,

Anand

mackrackit
- 22nd September 2008, 23:03
If you work really fast, or your time is not to valuable, then build one.
Or save the headache and buy a PICKIT2 from microchip. Plugs into the USB port.

buntheun
- 23rd September 2008, 02:19
i realy want buy it but my country dont have the market that sell all of that ....that why i try to fine the circuit for build it myseft and it can improve to know my about it ...
thank!!!
buntheun

mackrackit
- 23rd September 2008, 02:51
Where are you located?

buntheun
- 23rd September 2008, 02:55
i live in Cambodia!!!

skimask
- 23rd September 2008, 03:32
i realy want buy it but my country dont have the market that sell all of that
sounds like a fairly weak excuse to me. A quick Google search tells me that there's more than one country out there that'll ship to Cambodia...

buntheun
- 23rd September 2008, 03:46
sounds like a fairly weak excuse to me. A quick Google search tells me that there's more than one country out there that'll ship to Cambodia...

ok i know it have shiping to my country but how i pay cos i dont have visa or mater card .....
thank!!!

skimask
- 23rd September 2008, 03:54
ok i know it have shiping to my country but how i pay cos i dont have visa or mater card .....
thank!!!

Then how do you plan on ordering the pieces/parts to build said PICKIT2 clone?

Money orders or cashiers checks are also handy...

buntheun
- 23rd September 2008, 05:22
please help me...how i do?
thanks!!!

kasamiko
- 25th October 2008, 04:39
I need it too...a want a simple USB programmer for my laptop like JDM to program few pic..84/628 and serial eeproms...

i don't need complicated programmer like pickit or junebug since it seems overkill to used the above programmer to program 3 to 5 pic/eeprom in 3 months...

skimask
- 25th October 2008, 04:55
I need it too...a want a simple USB programmer for my laptop like JDM to program few pic..84/628 and serial eeproms...

i don't need complicated programmer like pickit or junebug since it seems overkill to used the above programmer to program 3 to 5 pic/eeprom in 3 months...

Take a look at the PICKIT2 from Microchip anyways...
$35USD, programmer, logic analyzer, serial communications windows, well supported, no headaches, and is saving the extra $10-$20 really worth the pain?

rxforspeed
- 25th October 2008, 21:08
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but would like to share my thoughts and experiences and this subject as well...

I followed the posted link to Microchip's "PICkit2", and if my computer hadn't been giving me trouble last night, I would have bought it right then. I would seriously consider paying $35USD for the "PICkit2" before trying to gather parts and components to build an iffy clone-type programmer that may not even program the PICs you're using or going to be working with. The best feature of the PICkit2 is the ability to load a hex file into the PICkit2 itself, and program MCU's in the field (with an appropiate USB power supply), without the need for a PC! I really wish I would've looked more into what Microchip Technologies offered before buying the programmers I have now...