PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth SKKCA communication failure

Rameesh
- 19th June 2008, 09:16
I have already tested the SKKCA module using USB and its fine..... The problem is when I connect to Microcontroller and powered up the SKKCA and tried to establish the serial communication with it using Bluetooth dongle (by double click the KCWirefreeDevice icon in IVTBluesoleil), the status "Service Discovery Failed" was shown - I was unable to communicate serially with the SKKCA from my computer.
As you have answered in the forum SKKCA Rx pin need to be high if SPP connection required to be establish. the way to make this, one is to connect to microcontroller and enable the UART(not sure your UART on microcontroller is correct or not).
The question over here is what is the command used to enable UART... I cant understand... After finding all the books and net i have wrote a simple programme .... The program is just to receive back the sent data in 5 decimal num... Pls check it weather any mistake done or left out in the programme...

DEFINE OSC 20
TRISC.7 = 0 ' Set PORTC.7 (TX) to output

PCData var word
'
Main:

SERIN2 PORTC.7, 16468,Main,40000, Main,[DEC5 PCData]
pause 1000
SERout2 PORTC.6, 16468,[dec PCData,13,10]
goto Main

skimask
- 19th June 2008, 14:32
....DEFINE OSC 20
TRISC.7 = 0 ' Set PORTC.7 (TX) to output
PCData var word
Main:
SERIN2 PORTC.7, 16468,Main,40000, Main,[DEC5 PCData]
pause 1000
SERout2 PORTC.6, 16468,[dec PCData,13,10]
goto Main
SERIN2 / SEROUT2 are 'bit banged' UART commands, no hardware involved other than the pin assigned by the command.

hweontey
- 22nd June 2008, 15:31
I oso faced same problem. How to resolve it??? Thanks.

hweontey
- 22nd June 2008, 15:32
I oso faced same problem. How to resolve it, Rameesh??? Thanks.
Can i discuss with u???

Rameesh
- 23rd June 2008, 04:06
We can discuss but i still did not get a solution for this problem....

Rameesh
- 23rd June 2008, 09:08
SERIN2 / SEROUT2 are 'bit banged' UART commands.......

skimask i cant get you with the term 'bit banged'.... I am little new to PIC.... If u dont mind please explain it to me... Anyway thanks for the reply sir....

Rameesh
- 23rd June 2008, 09:15

skimask i cant get you with the term 'bit banged'.... I am little new to PIC.... If u dont mind please explain it to me... Anyway thanks for the reply sir....

skimask
- 23rd June 2008, 14:32

Bit-banged - driven by software (i.e. put pin high, wait X seconds, put pin low, wait X seconds, and so on)