PDA

View Full Version : Is this a realistic idea

bartman
- 15th November 2004, 14:50
I'm now thinking of other projects since I'm going to have the hardware and software to create with.

Using PicBasic and a minimal amount of external hardware would it be possible to make a "repeater"? In this case, the repeater would:

- record an IR signature (a single button a TV remote control for example)
- transmit the recorded signal every 10 seconds for 10 minutes then stop.
- accept another signal and do it all again.

- Recording to be started by pushing a button or push and hold the button.
- LED indicators for recording and transmitting (for testing only)

I'm thinking, with my limited knowledge, this shouldn't be that bad. Would need to record the number and length of a pulse and store it then just play it back.

This device could be used, for example. as a practical joke that always turned the TV back to a specific channel. No real practical purpose, just more learning experience.

Bart

mister_e
- 15th November 2004, 15:06
for sure you can do it with only a few components and lines of codes.

here's a link for theory:
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/support/Article.pdf

now code examples :
http://www.rentron.com/remote.htm

regards

bartman
- 15th November 2004, 17:28
Well, I thought the random number issue was above my head....

Could you do it <em>without</em> knowing the incoming protocols? Do it blind so to speak. Record and transmit without the chip needing to decode the incoming stream. The PIC just acts like a pulse recorder of whatever it sees?

Bart

mister_e
- 15th November 2004, 20:21
It may be possible to do it with Pulsin command but... i don't know how efficient it will be.

You must record both Highlevel and LowLevel duration in a table or internal eeprom location, then read them and reproduce them to the output.

bartman
- 15th November 2004, 21:05
I'll need to do this one after a few other in-between projects. I immediately thought of the pulsin command, but even that is well beyond my current knowledge level.

Anything else is still miles beyond me. I don't know if it could be done without matching the frequency especially in the transmit mode.

Bart