PDA

View Full Version : need universal pic programmer....

sohanbviit
- 22nd March 2008, 18:49
hello,
i am a third year ENGG. student and i need an universal pic programmer soft. and also the hardware pcb dig. or ckt. dig so that i can build it myself...
i need it specifically for 16f877..

skimask
- 22nd March 2008, 19:29
hello,i am a third year ENGG. student
................. :D

and i need an universal pic programmer soft. and also the hardware pcb dig. or ckt. dig so that i can build it myself... i need it specifically for 16f877..
What's the deal? A third year ENGG student can't do some research?

Microchip.com
----PICKIT2...cheap, easy, supports most PICs (including the old 877), get the debug'ing version and you get a small PCB with some options on it.
----MPLAB v8.xx...PIC assembler

brengi
- 20th September 2008, 23:06
hello,
i am a third year ENGG. student and i need an universal pic programmer soft. and also the hardware pcb dig. or ckt. dig so that i can build it myself...
i need it specifically for 16f877..

http://www.mikroe.com/ look

skimask
- 21st September 2008, 00:00
http://www.mikroe.com/ look
You're the guy that shows up at a Superbowl party wearing the opposing team's jersey aren't you?
Not that the stuff that mikroe sells is any better or worse than the stuff at MeLabs...but jeeze...reminds me of the guy here recently in the news that got canned from Intel and went to work for AMD....

brengi
- 24th September 2008, 19:42
Said give a lok not purchase thanks.

rxforspeed
- 25th October 2008, 22:28
I guess that makes me the idiot that wears the home team's shirt and the opposing team's hat then, because I own products from both microEngineering Labs and mikroElektronika, as well as products (programmers and periphial interface boards and components) from companies such as www.anykits.com, pcboard.ca, dhmicro.com, etc. I haven't looked much into Microchip's products, but thanks to members of this forum (like you, skimask, among others) my next purchase is going to be their "PICkit2", which seems to be the "hands down" best deal in a programmer and related development tools I've found to date.

Remaining loyal to one company or programming language to me doesn't seem as important as having all the tools needed to complete each and every project/job/assignment that needs done. As far as the JDM schematic, search google and you should find one pretty easily-but remember that you can save not only time and money but also a lot of headaches in the long run by starting out with a good programmer that covers all the PICs you'll be working with (or plan to or want to work with), like the "PICkit2", melab's USB programmer, or mikroe.com's EasyPIC5/PICflash USB programmer.

BTW-the PICflash software from mikroElektronika is-to date-my favorite programming software. It's free to download and *should* work with most any USB programmer...