PDA

View Full Version : 16F877A i/p interface with the gsm

matghonip
- 19th March 2008, 04:50
someone plz help me.....
i'm doing my final project,but i have some problem on interfacing the PIC16F877 with the gsm in oder to do the based sms system...
someone if u have the best solution plz reply....

skimask
- 19th March 2008, 13:53
i'm doing my final project
{SIGH}

someone if u have the best solution plz reply....
Search this forum...plenty of finished examples that work just fine...

T.Jackson
- 20th March 2008, 14:38
{SIGH}

Search this forum...plenty of finished examples that work just fine...

I must be going blind -- for the life of me I can't find any.

mackrackit
- 20th March 2008, 15:06
This might be one?
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3765

skimask
- 20th March 2008, 15:16
I must be going blind -- for the life of me I can't find any.
Maybe not 100%, ready to go, turnkey, out of the box, complete with wrapping paper and a pretty little bow on top...but...
I get plenty of links and info in general on connecting to a phone and doing SMS in general, not only here but on Google.
And the link in post #4...sure...it's not for an '877A. But most certainly, I think most would agree that an 'F72 is close enough to an '877A to make it work.

Not only that, but if it's a FINAL project, I'd be willing to bet there would be some sort of instructor that SHOULD be knowledgable enough to help with the project, even if that help was only to point out links to reference material. If said instructor wasn't helpful enough to do even that, I'd wonder what sort of instructor would assign a project that would be an order of magnitude above his/her own skills.

T.Jackson
- 21st March 2008, 08:02
I'd be willing to bet there would be some sort of instructor that SHOULD be knowledgable enough to help with the project, even if that help was only to point out links to reference material. If said instructor wasn't helpful enough to do even that, I'd wonder what sort of instructor would assign a project that would be an order of magnitude above his/her own skills.

Lecturer interaction with assessments is not usually the case with many institutes. Normally you are expected to study the course material given to you, do the prac exercises and research this missing pieces on your own accord. If this fails then you seek private tuition.

isaac
- 27th March 2008, 14:01
It all depends on what gsm modem you are using.
its easier to use a gsm modem than to use a mobile phone as not all mobile phones support Text mode which is easier to do than PDU

Isaac