PDA

View Full Version : USB PBPL Compile errors

Rob
- 18th March 2008, 12:27
Hi,

I've been compiling my USB project fine until I select "Use PBPL" in MCSP. It will compile fine with PBPL if I stick the file I want to compile in the USB directory i.e. C:/PBP/USB18

Without PBPL selected my code compiles fine in this directory:

C:\PIC Programs\CVC Network System

but now with PBPL I have to stick the file in the USB18 directory, compile, and then move it out. Has anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

Rob

Edit: the compiler errors generated are the "MACRO USBINIT? not found in macro file" and also USBSERVICE, USBIN and USBOUT

mackrackit
- 18th March 2008, 13:01
From the USB.txt in the USB18 directory

The header file for the device, the files USB18.ASM, USB18MEM.ASM, USB18.INC,
USBDESC.ASM and the project descriptor file, as well as any desired sample
programs, should be copied to the project source subdirectory before being
used.

Rob
- 18th March 2008, 13:10
From the USB.txt in the USB18 directory

Thanks,

I already had those files in my subdirectory. I have now replaced them with the files from PBP2.50 as they seem to be newer versions (I have kept copies of the old ones that were in the subdirectory just in case). Compiling with PBPL gives the same errors but without PBPL is still fine (although the generated code is now a couple of hundred bytes bigger).

Do you not get this problem?

Cheers

Rob

mackrackit
- 18th March 2008, 13:47
Do you not get this problem?

Well, no. I mostly use MPLAB. I do not know what PBPL is. Just thought it might have been the problem. sorry

Rob
- 18th March 2008, 14:28
Well, no. I mostly use MPLAB. I do not know what PBPL is. Just thought it might have been the problem. sorry

Sorry,

wasn't having a pop - I meant thanks for the reply. I just wondered if you had experienced this. PBPL is the compiler that comes with PBP 2.50 for compiling with "Long" variables.

Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

Rob

P.s. it does point towards what you have said as my code compiles fine with PBPL if I stick it in the USB18 folder with those files already in it

Rob
- 4th April 2008, 14:59
Hi,

I've still got this same problem and I'm just trying to work out if I'm the only person? I know a fair amount of people here are developing code with USB but I'm not sure how many people have upgraded to PBP 2.50. I'm just wondering whether to email Crownhill for support or not?

Cheers

Rob

skimask
- 4th April 2008, 15:07
I'm just wondering whether to email Crownhill for support or not?
You'd be better off email'ing MeLabs for help (since Crownhill is a reseller, not the maker), or just hanging out here until Mr.E gets on board.
Failing that, I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight, or at least sometime this weekend.
I haven't done any USB compiling lately, but I'll try to duplicate the problem and see what kicks it off...

Rob
- 4th April 2008, 16:42
You'd be better off email'ing MeLabs for help (since Crownhill is a reseller, not the maker)

doh - I meant MeLabs - thanks for pointing that out!

or just hanging out here until Mr.E gets on board.
Failing that, I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight, or at least sometime this weekend.
I haven't done any USB compiling lately, but I'll try to duplicate the problem and see what kicks it off...

if you get a chance to try it that'd be great! If not though, don't worry as I'm not in any hurry because I can make it compile fine in the USB18 sub-directory and move the compiled files out, it's a bit of a nuisance but at least it works. I'd like to find out what's causing it though; if it's just me or if it's something to do with PBPL.

Thanks very much

Rob

skimask
- 4th April 2008, 17:14
I can make it compile fine in the USB18 sub-directory and move the compiled files out, it's a bit of a nuisance but at least it works.
Have you tried copying all of the relavent PBP files over to the project directory and compiling the source from there, instead of the other way 'round (i.e. what you're doing now but the other way 'round in reverse vice-versa upside-down inverted * -1 )?

Rob
- 4th April 2008, 17:28
Have you tried copying all of the relavent PBP files over to the project directory and compiling the source from there, instead of the other way 'round (i.e. what you're doing now but the other way 'round in reverse vice-versa upside-down inverted * -1 )?

I've got all the files listed in the USB18.txt in the project subdirectory: USB18.ASM, USB18MEM.ASM, USB18.INC, USBDESC.ASM and the project descriptor file and also the 18F4550.BAS file - see attached screen print. This configuration compiles with PBP 2.50a and previous versions, but not with PBPL.

Cheers

Rob

mister_e
- 4th April 2008, 19:56
Seems to miss a 18F4550.BAL file in your list.

Rob
- 7th April 2008, 09:18
Seems to miss a 18F4550.BAL file in your list.

Hi Mister_E,

that would be what the problem is then!!!

These files were generated by EasyHID but EasyHID was developed before PBPL came out and therefore it doesn't produce the ".bal" file.

Thanks very much for your help

Rob