PDA

View Full Version : USB Bootloader CRASH on Vista

mindthomas
- 9th March 2008, 09:11
Hi, i'm new here so i hope you can help me :)
For two weeks ago i had a great USB Pic18F2550 programmed and worked, both in Bootloader mode (Programming mode),
and it was also running great in Testing mode (I had maked a Visual Basic program, and a PIC Code in Pic Basic, so i could control some LED's)

Then i don't know what i had done, but suddenly when i connect the PIC To USB when the PIC is in Bootload Programming mode, my Windows Vista Home Premium crashed into Blue Screen Of Death, saying that there was a problem with the mchpfsusb.sys driver.
Where in the driver the Error happends is different everytime i try to connect the USB to my computer, but it crashes, and restarts!
The funny thing is that my PIC works in USB Testing mode with my Visual Basic application, but i can't set my PIC into Programming mode without having my computer to crash!!

I hope you can help me, because i have reinstalled my computer last night, because i thought that could fix the problem, but NO.

Best Regards
Thomas Jespersen

skimask
- 9th March 2008, 09:42
I know what the problem is!
You have reinstalled the worlds most popular and one of the most expensive, legal, most recognized virus/trojans/malware's ever written and sold commercially for public use. VISTA!

Seriously though... Try connecting your programmer/board to a USB port closest to the motherboard chipset (i.e. in back)... Not the front ports, not a hub, nothing.

mindthomas
- 9th March 2008, 09:50
I know what the problem is!
You have reinstalled the worlds most popular and one of the most expensive, legal, most recognized virus/trojans/malware's ever written and sold commercially for public use. VISTA!

Seriously though... Try connecting your programmer/board to a USB port closest to the motherboard chipset (i.e. in back)... Not the front ports, not a hub, nothing.

Thanks for your reply, but i have a laptop! And the USB Ports i used when it was working, am i also using now, but now i don't works!

skimask
- 9th March 2008, 09:54
Thanks for your reply, but i have a laptop! And the USB Ports i used when it was working, am i also using now, but now i don't works!

And how many other things still work with that particular USB port?

mindthomas
- 9th March 2008, 10:04
And how many other things still work with that particular USB port?
Many things! I am sure that it isn't the USB Port that is the problem, because i can use eg. Mouse, Memorystick, Ext. HDD, IPod and more, on that port!

skimask
- 9th March 2008, 10:08
Many things! I am sure that it isn't the USB Port that is the problem, because i can use eg. Mouse, Memorystick, Ext. HDD, IPod and more, on that port!

Ok...just checkin...ya never know sometimes...

mindthomas
- 9th March 2008, 10:15
Ok...just checkin...ya never know sometimes...
But what could there had happend? I had worked alot with the USB Pic, and suddenly i couldn't any more because it crash the PC!

Squibcakes
- 9th March 2008, 11:59
Just a thought, perhaps the bootloader in your pic is corrupted? Have you tried erasing the chip and reloading the bootloader into the chip? Tried using a different chip?

Is there anway to get into device manager and unistall the device driver for the bootloader?

Squib

mindthomas
- 9th March 2008, 12:57
Just a thought, perhaps the bootloader in your pic is corrupted? Have you tried erasing the chip and reloading the bootloader into the chip? Tried using a different chip?

Is there anway to get into device manager and unistall the device driver for the bootloader?

Squib
Thanks. After i changed the PIC and programmed the bootloader into the new PIC it is working! But after i got it working, i thought what could had been the problem, and i saw that the 470nF capasitor was going to RC2 instead of VUsb

Squibcakes
- 9th March 2008, 20:56
I'm glad you fixed it (your eyesight must be getting as bad as mine as I make those sillly mistakes too!)

Were you game enough to try your original chip again?

Squib