PDA

View Full Version : ONE WIRE & Oscillator Frequency

Bill Legge
- 10th February 2008, 08:27
I'm using:

PIC16F877A, DS1820 One-wire digital thermometer (with pull-up), readout on LCD and PBP compiler.

1. With a 4 MHz Xtal all is fine and I get accurate temperatures.

2. Change to 20 MHz and use DEFINE OSC 20 and it won't work? The compiler is getting the DEFINE OSC 20 all right as the LCD works Ok.

3. I've used other functions at 20 MHz (RS232, I2C etc) and they have been OK but the OWIN OWOUT don't want to play.

Any ideas?

Thanks. Bill Legge

skimask
- 10th February 2008, 08:59
2. Change to 20 MHz and use DEFINE OSC 20 and it won't work? The compiler is getting the DEFINE OSC 20 all right as the LCD works Ok.
Thanks. Bill Legge

This might help:

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=7708&highlight=owout

Actually, as long as you are using PBP 2.50, I think it WILL fix your problem.

Bill Legge
- 10th February 2008, 11:17
Thanks very much for the solution. I'm a month into using the PIC & PBP and running into a brick wall is depressing.

Regards Bill Legge

skimask
- 10th February 2008, 11:30
Thanks very much for the solution. I'm a month into using the PIC & PBP and running into a brick wall is depressing.

Regards Bill Legge

Ah! Running... Brick Wall... Depressing... I get it! Ha!

Seriously... Keep checking back at melabs for updates/patches/etc. and of course here. There's a couple of other small bugs out there that I know of, and at least one that's not covered in the 2.50a patch...yet. Quite frankly, PBP is about as rock solid as there is. The average user would most likely never come across them.

Bill Legge
- 11th February 2008, 10:54
Hi,

I've just made the changee and it's workin fine @ 20 MHz. I'm amazed that someone knows their way around such a huge pile of code.

Who is this fellow?

Bill Legge

skimask
- 12th February 2008, 05:15
Hi,
I've just made the changee and it's workin fine @ 20 MHz. I'm amazed that someone knows their way around such a huge pile of code.
Who is this fellow?
Bill Legge

It's just stuff that gets picked up along the way, and somebody happens to remember it from time to time. It's not witch-craft, but sometimes I think it's real close...