PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs help

igeorge
- 11th October 2004, 07:13
I have a piece of working code on the Flash-Lab 77 board. What to do to make the same processor to run on a stand-alone PCB? When I removed the serial cable from my PC to the Flash-Lab, and I reconnected the power, nothing did happen. It looks like the processor is not running. Connecting the serial cable again, solves the problem and the chip will run normal. Please help me to solve this problem.
Thank you
Ion

mister_e
- 11th October 2004, 08:08
I'm not really sure to understand the problem but can you chack this. Voltage on pin 1... must be 5Volt. This is the reset pin of thi MCU. If not 5 volt add an 10K pull up resistor to the supply line.

hope this help

regards

mister_e
- 11th October 2004, 08:14
On your board find the MAX232 IC. close to it you have jumpers. Remove RST one. This maybe the solution.

regards

igeorge
- 11th October 2004, 08:29
I did put the pull up resistor and remove the jumper.
The CPU plays dead until i connect back the serial cable to the PC.

mister_e
- 11th October 2004, 08:37
What about the voltage on pin 1??? a pure guess remove MAX232 and be sure to have pull up resistor on PIN 1.
if it's working, try short pin 4 of DB9 to ground.

Case problem is still there, Bruce know for sure the solution

e-mail : [email protected]

regards

igeorge
- 11th October 2004, 08:46
pin1 = 5vdc
The max233 removed ,nothing happen.
For sure , Bruce will get a call tuesday morning.
Thank you

mister_e
- 11th October 2004, 08:53
is by any chance you can post whole code you have???

mister_e
- 11th October 2004, 09:00
or try add

DISABLE DEBUG

at the begining of the program

i try help...

igeorge
- 11th October 2004, 09:04
You are a genious.
Without DEBUG works like a charm
Thank you
Ion

mister_e
- 11th October 2004, 09:11
O.K cool. As you say you're a newbie so here's a few explanation.

The great FLASH-LAB 77 you buy from Reynolds give you all you need to program/debug your program within MicroCode studio Loader. If you don't include this DISABLE DEBUG line, PIC16F877 will try to communicate with MicroCode Studio at his boot time. Since you're "offline" when you disconnect the serial cable, the PIC16F877 is waiting for MicroCode studio command. That's it.

happy to help you

a la prochaine