PDA

View Full Version : need help in controlling Fan speed using TRIAC

vu2iia
- 17th September 2007, 06:34
Hi,

I have made a IR remote decoder using TV(RC5)remote and PIC16f628a. By using Triac I can on-off lights easily. Triac I am using is BT136-abt 600wts

Now I want to control speed of the fan(abt 100watts max) using PWM. We have 220VAC /50hz mains electrical supply. I want to keep it as simple as possible with minimum components. I saw post related to light dimmer but I coud not understand how to implement it to Inductive load.

Any help with few lines of code and explantion will help me lot.

thanks

vu2iia

Jerson
- 17th September 2007, 11:45
It will be better if you post your schematic since a lot of advice depends on what you have. Anyway, the basic way to do it is to catch the zero crossing of the mains. If you have that accounted for in the schematic, you can control the phase angle at which the triac turns on and have dimming.

vu2iia
- 28th September 2007, 08:15
Hi jerson.

Sorry for late reply, I was out of town. Well I donot have diagram for my IR remote project yet. I am using pic16f628 @ 4mhz. I have connected TSOP1736(IR Sensor) to PORTA.4, remaining ports I am using for switching lamps on/off using optocouplar(MCT2E) and triac(BT136).

Now All I want is to use PWM (or any other method) at PortB.5 and using optocouplar and drive Triac to control speed of fan.

your help is much appreciated.

thanks for ur precious time.

vu2iia