PDA

View Full Version : PIC16F819 serial coms

c6jones720
- 13th June 2007, 20:33
Hi guys Im a bit new to Pic Basic Pro but I do have loads of experience with electronics, PIC assembly language/C and using Picaxe.

A while ago I designed power supply circuit that used a picaxe 18 (Pic16F819) to send voltage readings to a PC using RS232 @2400 n-8-1 on a three wire interface. That was all well and good but picaxes are just not very good at receiving serial data from other devices. Unlike pic basic pro programs picaxe programs cause the chip to wait forever until serial data arrives.

Just for this application I decided to use pic basic pro instead. I still want to use the 16f819 but I've been looking for the relevant files pic16f819.BAS and pic16f819.INC for a while but I just can find those files.

The thing is my design calls for an 18 pin device without a crystal, and my board is already laid out so the electronic design cant be changed. Does anybody know where I can find those files or can anybody suggest an alternative processor or techniques to use another 18 pin chip without a crystal?

mister_e
- 13th June 2007, 20:37
seems you need a PBP upgrade or the installation is screwed-up. Those 818/819 have been added in v2.43... current version is 2.47

http://www.melabs.com/support/upgrade.htm#pbp

c6jones720
- 13th June 2007, 20:46
Thanks for that. The pic basic pro thing is like a breath of fresh air for me. It gives me a break from assembly language and allows me to actually do serial coms without making compromises