PDA

View Full Version : Serial cable problems

akilleuz
- 29th May 2007, 20:28
Hi

Im trying to interface a microcontroler with a nokia 6310, but i cant get my controler to communicate with the phone thru a DLR-3P cable.

In one end i have MCU connected with an MAX232, and i can communicate thru it with my PC. I can also communicate using AT commands with the phone thru the DLR-3P cable, but i can't communicate between the phone and the MCU.

Can anyone help med connecting the phone with the MCU?

Best regards

AkilleuZ

skimask
- 29th May 2007, 21:21
Hi Im trying to interface a microcontroler with a nokia 6310, but i cant get my controler to communicate with the phone thru a DLR-3P cable. In one end i have MCU connected with an MAX232, and i can communicate thru it with my PC. I can also communicate using AT commands with the phone thru the DLR-3P cable, but i can't communicate between the phone and the MCU. Can anyone help med connecting the phone with the MCU? Best regards AkilleuZ

How about seeing some code (even a schematic might be useful)?
It would probably make things go a lot quicker...

Read this thread:
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=219

akilleuz
- 29th May 2007, 22:39
How about seeing some code (even a schematic might be useful)?
It would probably make things go a lot quicker...

Read this thread:
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=219

I did read the entire thread, but i didnt find anything i really couls use. Because i dont realle want to make my own cable, when i have my own. I know i need to power my cable from an external powersupply, but i dont know any voltage range or what else i need to do. I would really aprciate a circuit or something.

Best regards

AkilleuZ

skimask
- 29th May 2007, 23:18
I did read the entire thread, but i didnt find anything i really couls use. Because i dont realle want to make my own cable, when i have my own. I know i need to power my cable from an external powersupply, but i dont know any voltage range or what else i need to do. I would really aprciate a circuit or something.

Best regards

AkilleuZ

So, what you're saying is...you have nothing. Even though I don't own any of the hardware in question here, I found everything you probably need to know with a Google search.

How much other programming with the PIC have you done so far? Which PIC are you using? What does you circuit look like with the PIC hooked up? Post the troubled code you are using...

akilleuz
- 29th May 2007, 23:33
So, what you're saying is...you have nothing. Even though I don't own any of the hardware in question here, I found everything you probably need to know with a Google search.

How much other programming with the PIC have you done so far? Which PIC are you using? What does you circuit look like with the PIC hooked up? Post the troubled code you are using...

Im not using a PIC but an ATMEL mega16. But after I was reading the thread you posted i thought, that there must be someone in this forum that could help med connect my MCU with my phone. Im sorre if its the wrong forum.

The MEGA16 chip is mounted on a STK500 kit, that have an RS232 I/O. I just need some kind of connection circuit between the comport on the STK500 and my original nokia DLR-3P cable.

Is it possible, or do i need to make a cable from atrox.at?

Sorry im a bit difficult to understand, but english is not my best language :(

skimask
- 29th May 2007, 23:38
Im not using a PIC but an ATMEL mega16.
PicBasicPro doesn't compile code for Atmel MCU's.

Sorry im a bit difficult to understand, but english is not my best language :(
Not hard to understand (ok, maybe just a little)