PDA

View Full Version : Sound Command with 12-bit MCU's

Melanie
- 30th August 2003, 19:19
In trying to hit the correct resonant frequency for a Piezo Beeper with a 12-bit MCU, I ended up plotting the values for the SOUND command using a 12F675 running on it's internal oscillator.

There was a vain hope that the sounds produced may be useful to have my PIC play a tune and spread some happiness whilst it went about it's lonely industrial tasks... yeah well - dream on...

Still, I've got 600 bytes and a heap of EEPROM space to use up... looks like I'll resort to some homebrew routines for that...

The SOUND value Table meanwhile is appended for anyone who may find a use for it.

Melanie

Melanie
- 31st August 2003, 21:21
I was determined to have the PIC in my design play a tune - if only to use up a heap of unused memory... and to unexpectedly startle the user instead of a boring Alarm Beep... I'm having a devilish phase this weekend...

If anyone else fancies a play... here's a fun program as a starter... and hey - absolutely NO derogatory remarks about my musical talents... what do you expect for twenty minutes of coding...

Melanie

bobthebud
- 1st September 2003, 09:51
Aren't you the little minx. Nice one .. but .. my clients would probably complain and get me fired,however it will go down a treat when I incorporate a little music into my sister's kids toys!
Thanks
Bobthe bud

charudatt
- 12th September 2007, 20:49
Hello Melanie

Excellent piece of tune, Do you have any more of that ?

For a Security Alarm Project , I am looking for a Siren tune and Error tune.

Looking for more contributors.

regards