PDA

View Full Version : countdowntimer with dual 7segment display with 16f628a

dr.ragh
- 27th April 2007, 19:24
Hello guys iam a Dentist but have been into electronics as a hobby from the last 12 years

well i am not that good in coding (microcontrollers) so i need help from you Guys and the Admin as i couldnt find any thing on the net

I am building a Dual 7 - segment 20 and 40 seconds countdown timer for the dental composite curing light. here are the features that i needed

1. Dual 7- segment display
2. Countdown timer with 20 and 40 seconds delays
3. Timer should turn on \ off with the same button
4. Two different buttons for 20secs and 40 secs
5. Display should start at 20 then end at 0 same goes for 40 secs
6. Small beep when a button is pressed then after the countdown has elapsed a long beep should be heard
7. one output should go high when the timer statrs and should go low when the countdown ends ( this will drive a 5w blue led)
8. when the switch is pressed while countdown the timer should turnoff
9. when the timer is not running it should go in to sleepmode and blink an LED every 10 secs

some one kind enough write a code for me in picbasic

so i need help from the big brains out there to help me do the project

dr.ragh
- 27th April 2007, 19:27
iam giving an idea of the schematic

in the final version i will drive the led display through transistors and the buzzer too

i would sincerely request you guys to help me with a code

Melanie
- 27th April 2007, 19:38
Hint: You could replicate your message under a few more forum topics before Admin deletes all the duplicates.

dr.ragh
- 27th April 2007, 22:20
Iam Sorry For Reposting In The Forum.

Iam Looking For Picbasic Code So I Had To Repost It Again As My Prevous Post Says Its Been Moved And I Dontknow Whereto

Mel Can U Help Me Dear

T.Jackson
- 28th April 2007, 16:41

I'll do the whole project for you including documentation for $250 AUD.

If you'd like to see some of my work, have a look here:
<a href="http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=6033"> LED Display </a></br>

mister_e
- 29th April 2007, 15:57
sometime i feel i should hire people instead of doing it myself :D

T.Jackson
- 30th April 2007, 03:42
Yeah - $250 is very cheap. If I did a project like this and submitted it to a magazine I'd get $400 + (This is still very cheap for a weeks worth of skilled labor) </br>
I"m going to make a bold statement and say that someone who's fully qualified like say Melanie, would probably charge somewhere between ($1,000 - $2,000) </br>

Am I right?

mister_e
- 30th April 2007, 05:26
Case dependant i guess. For many, the pricing range is more 2500-5000 to start thinking of doing something.

T.Jackson
- 30th April 2007, 06:46
I'd probably do this project with the inclusion of a PCB for about $350. It's a no brainer and the requirements are very clear.

Melanie
- 30th April 2007, 08:18
You're close. I don't do projects under $5K.

I know one German (mechanical/pneumatics) engineer who sits on a beach in Rio all his life and doesn't move off it for under $10k.

So I suppose in comparason I'm cheap...

As for the Dental Timer, my Dentist already has an integral timer on his curing light... so Dr.Ragh has probably bought the budget model. Most impressed last week when I had one of those orbital X-Rays done - where the whole X-Ray device spins around your head and a few moments later a panoramic image appears on the LCD next to your seat... very sexy (Dentist wasn't bad either!).

dr.ragh
- 30th April 2007, 09:10
well jak iam not trying to sell this project , its my own personal project, as iam verymuch intrested in to elecctronics i want to build it myself and its just a hobby

i would appreciate if you could help me with the code

anyways tnakyou for the help you offerd me

T.Jackson
- 30th April 2007, 10:08
Disregard post.

Acetronics2
- 30th April 2007, 10:35
Hi,

I do think buying a couple of "Hong kong" made kitchen digital timers would do the job for MUCH less than the 250 $ ... even AU$

Now, all is upon the display size ...

Think with head before than with credit card ... LOL !!!

Alain

T.Jackson
- 30th April 2007, 10:56
well jak iam not trying to sell this project , its my own personal project, as iam verymuch intrested in to elecctronics i want to build it myself and its just a hobby

Disregard post - (was highly intoxicated)

T.Jackson
- 30th April 2007, 11:27
Disregard post - (was highly intoxicated)

Acetronics2
- 30th April 2007, 12:31
Hi, Dottore

Here is a fairly good starting basis ...

http://g.fondeville.free.fr/labo.html#minut

after translation and minor mods !!!

Alain

PS " Darkroom timer" is THE Google search ...

mvs_sarma
- 30th April 2007, 12:41
Hint: You could replicate your message under a few more forum topics before Admin deletes all the duplicates.
Hi, your suggeation may lead into unnecessary loading up of the site,if all members start replicating--
In general we must try to reduce duplication of posts.

Acetronics2
- 30th April 2007, 12:43
Australia is the <strong> BEST</strong> country in the World. You have no bloody idea what you're talking about.

Hi, Trent

Would you mean coz there's some magic left there ???

Electronic spirit might have been over your head, then ... may be he is very busy.

" You have no bloody idea what you're talking about " ... I've been reading you here, that's more than enough !!! LOL ...

Alain

PS: don't worry, but I prefer New Zealand ... even if their awful accent need a Singapore - London flight to begin to be heard ...

malc-c
- 30th April 2007, 18:51

I'm confused (easy to do I know !)

In one post you want to do this yourself, then in another you want someone to do it for your ? I'm also gobsmacked that people have offered to do this for you for free... normally you only get help when you can show people what you've written and what hardware schematic you are prototyping as people here like to reward those who put some effort in.

The down side is that having someone else develope the project for you is that you'll never learn how to write programs or develope electronic projects.

However, you now have to make a choice. Try developing this yourself, take up TJ's offer and buy the guy a beer, sell the car and pay Mel to do it for you (sounds like she's inkling for a week or two in Rio ;) ) or simply but a new unit with built in timer

dr.ragh
- 1st May 2007, 06:44
well mel the orbiting xray u described is called OPG ( ortho pantamogram)

it takes full mough xray from your r side to l side ( it also takes images of the skull too ( just for knowledge)

its a great thing to work with ( but high radiation exposure is a risk)

any ways iam making my own light curing unit as i cant find all the features i want in the branded one.....

well mr. sarma iam from hyderabad too . i live in kukatpally ,
i would like to take some help from u if u r like minded

mvs_sarma
- 2nd May 2007, 08:09
Hi Dr.Ragh,

Nice to know another PIBASIC member , that too from Kukatpally.
you may reach me at 94401 54650
in order to see where your posts have gone, right click your name adjecent to any post and select 'all previous post from this person'

thanks

aftab
- 2nd May 2007, 09:27
Hello guys iam a Dentist but have been into electronics as a hobby from the last 12 years

well i am not that good in coding (microcontrollers) so i need help from you Guys and the Admin as i couldnt find any thing on the net

I am building a Dual 7 - segment 20 and 40 seconds countdown timer for the dental composite curing light. here are the features that i needed

1. Dual 7- segment display
2. Countdown timer with 20 and 40 seconds delays
3. Timer should turn on \ off with the same button
4. Two different buttons for 20secs and 40 secs
5. Display should start at 20 then end at 0 same goes for 40 secs
6. Small beep when a button is pressed then after the countdown has elapsed a long beep should be heard
7. one output should go high when the timer statrs and should go low when the countdown ends ( this will drive a 5w blue led)
8. when the switch is pressed while countdown the timer should turnoff
9. when the timer is not running it should go in to sleepmode and blink an LED every 10 secs

so i need help from the big brains out there to help me do the project

Instead of 7-segment display, is it OK if you use a LCD ?
And using 16f84a ?

I can give it a try :-)

mvs_sarma
- 3rd May 2007, 06:58
For a dentist work, LED is better as his /her concentration is on the patient

you get efficient LED displays now a days.

dr.ragh
- 3rd May 2007, 13:22
well no harm in giving it a try if i could get a very small lcd display though