PDA

View Full Version : wanted, support for wifi or networking

kenpo
- 27th April 2007, 18:23
I guess a big wish list item for me would be support, as in sample code or commands for doing networking in picbasic.
it would be great to be able to wire into a wifi prism based card, query a web address and recieve a string as a variable.

Ie, I program php pages, so i could have a page thta only gives one 2 digit number, it would be great to access that with the pic. everything is interent this and that these days, it would be nice to simplfy net-> pic with picbasic.

rhino
- 27th April 2007, 19:25
Look into the parallax PINK module, Lantronix Xport module or the Simple Lan from Avcom Tec.

kenpo
- 27th April 2007, 20:03
thanks rhino, but those are all expensive external modules that allow you to access THEM rather than they access the net (from the looks of it). I'm talking about something like porting the curl library for C to picbasic with the support for the Ethernet.
just like usb commands are now part of picbasic, it would be cool to see ethernet on soem of the more powerful chips

dhouston
- 27th April 2007, 20:39
Microchip has chips (e.g. PIC18F97J60) which incorporate ethernet and the latest version of PBP supports these chips. All that's missing is for some guru or PBP wizard to write PBP code to make use of it.

edtp
- 11th June 2007, 02:37
I'm currently working on PBP drivers for the PIC18F67J60.. Hopefully, any of you that may be interested will see the results soon as a series of magazine articles.. My deadline is the end of June 2007..

If you're interested and don't want to wait for the magazine publication, just drop me a note [email protected] and I'll give you what I have at the time.. I'll also post the code on the EDTP web site when it's "ripe"..

Have fun,
Fred Eady

dhouston
- 11th June 2007, 16:10
I'm currently working on PBP drivers for the PIC18F67J60..Fred, that's great news! Check your inbox.

dhouston
- 11th June 2007, 16:42
Fred, will you offer some type of adapter or development board for the PIC18F67J60?

skimask
- 11th June 2007, 17:27
Microchip has chips (e.g. PIC18F97J60) which incorporate ethernet and the latest version of PBP supports these chips. All that's missing is for some guru or PBP wizard to write PBP code to make use of it.

NOOOO!!!!!
I'm already wasting too much time with the USB projects and the '4550...that's all I need is another way to use up money!!!!
Seriously...it's probably in the works...

dhouston
- 11th June 2007, 18:04
Seriously...it's probably in the works...It's already available. It's called the EDTP Ethernet Mini. Scroll down at...http://www.edtp.com