PDA

View Full Version : What's the purpose of the thread?

Ioannis
- 24th April 2007, 09:07
What's the purpose of the thread? I mean since the developers of the PBC and PBP do not read the forum, what is the purpose to suggest improovements here? Just for the sake of the discussion I suppose...

Ioannis

Acetronics2
- 24th April 2007, 09:36
Hi, Ioannis

I think your answer is in the 7.5 chapter " life after 2k" ... some words about PbP libraries max. size !!!

Alain

PS: These days, I've tried "PsOC Express" ( PSoC "Miniprog" for 35 US$ )and "Processor Expert" ( Boooo..., but got the Spyder discovery kit for ... 15 US$ !!! ) made me really feel PbP a bit " old fashionned way" ...

Would be great to use the MPLAB "Visual initializer" within PbP .... just as a first step !!!

sayzer
- 24th April 2007, 10:28
What's the purpose of the thread? I mean since the developers of the PBC and PBP do not read the forum, what is the purpose to suggest improvements here? Just for the sake of the discussion I suppose...

Ioannis

Hi Ioannis,

I see them as politicians.

----------------------

Darrel Taylor
- 24th April 2007, 10:45
Ok, I'll bite.

Politicians ??
<br>

Ioannis
- 24th April 2007, 10:58
Darrel's query is right I think. Politicians promise but do not fulfil. The Melabs usually keeps the promisses if any... So? I too do not understand the term.

Alain:

I think we passed the 2k...! So now what?

Ioannis

Acetronics2
- 24th April 2007, 10:59
Hi, Darrel

Yes, Politicians ...

Those who always answer :

" It's really a good question ... we'll create a commitee to look at this !!!

Next Question ??? "

And so on ...

Alain

sayzer
- 24th April 2007, 11:26
Hi, Darrel

Yes, Politicians ...

Those who always answer :

" It's really a good question ... we'll create a commitee to look at this !!!

Next Question ??? "

And so on ...

Alain

Thanks Alain.

(Darrel, nothing personal here!)

Acetronics2
- 24th April 2007, 11:33
Hi, Sayzer

What I really think is PbP has reached its maximum possibilities and cannot have more extensions now ...

All its structure might be changed ... as if you'd like to make a new version of DOS with visual interface - or vocal interface !!!

Hey, Darrel ... am I wrong ???

Alain

PS: Politicians always create the commitees ... another way to take money from the citizens !!!

T.Jackson
- 24th April 2007, 12:45
What I really think is PbP has reached its maximum possibilities and cannot have more extensions now ...

My guess is that it's not generating enough revenue to warrant new refinements.

skimask
- 24th April 2007, 15:18
What I really think is PbP has reached its maximum possibilities and cannot have more extensions now

All those neat clips of code from DT and Mr_E lately could surely be integrated into PBP '2.5'. And if Proton+ and Mikro can have more functionality (albiet a bit buggier from what I hear...haven't tried them, don't know), why not PBP?

My guess is that it's not generating enough revenue to warrant new refinements.

I can agree there, with all the piracy that goes on these days. It would rock if the compiler was open source...sorta like Linux...every week, a new 'core' for PBP.
I'm starting to need 32 and even a few signed 64 bit numbers these days. I've written a few include files to handle the math, a bit clumsy but it works. According to the manual, the Mikro compiler handles 32 bit natively and does decent floats, but again, from what I read, it's a bit buggy.

Time for an upgrade!
(and I feel another student question coming on...)

mister_e
- 24th April 2007, 22:07
i have to agree there's place for new stuff and improvements. But it really do what's listed on their website... not much, not less, mature and stable. Just no more new bells and whistle.

Acetronics2
- 25th April 2007, 10:29
Hi, Steve

Let's see what will come ... !!!

Alain