PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend me a GSM modem model?

aromacor
- 19th March 2007, 05:24
Hi guys,

I'm new to this group. Can anyone tell me which GSM modem to buy?

1. Wavecom M1306B GSM Modem
2. Nokia GSM modem (which particular model )

Thanks

skimask
- 21st March 2007, 00:11
Hi guys,

I'm new to this group. Can anyone tell me which GSM modem to buy?

1. Wavecom M1306B GSM Modem
2. Nokia GSM modem (which particular model )

Thanks

Buy them both and figure out which one works...

aromacor
- 22nd March 2007, 07:27
Thanks for your advice Sir but I don't think I can't afford to buy two that's why I joined this forum.

Thanks anyway.

skimask
- 22nd March 2007, 16:38
Thanks for your advice Sir but I don't think I can't afford to buy two that's why I joined this forum.

Thanks anyway.

Then it sounds to me like you should've joined a forum on GSM instead of the PicBasic forum that you did join.

aromacor
- 23rd March 2007, 02:10
I actually bought a book on PIC. I'm very interested to develop projects like you guys but right now I need to study AT commands.Thanks

skimask
- 23rd March 2007, 03:12
I actually bought a book on PIC. I'm very interested to develop projects like you guys but right now I need to study AT commands.Thanks

Then study AT commands.
www.google.com
search for Hayes Modem AT Command Set

Darrenmac
- 23rd March 2007, 08:23
Sony Ericsson Gm29 is good. compact module 12v external antenna, standard AT + model specific commands. Nifty feature, has handset socket that allows a standard handset from a land line phone to be connected. this allows two way phone conversation once you have initiated the call with the AT command. I have used this feature for fault finding.

Angus Anderson
- 2nd April 2007, 13:40
I've used Falcom Tango and Telit EZ-10 modules for development with success. Falcom allows condenser mic to be directly connected, Telit is well priced

www.falcom.de
www.telit.com

aromacor
- 10th April 2007, 06:41
Hi

Thanks for your advice. Sorry for my late reply. I just checked my emails today. I'm wondering if Wavecom is related to Falcom since I've read somewhere about Wavecom falcom GSM modem. I'm not sure if I remembered correctly.

Thanks,

Roderick

Angus Anderson
- 12th April 2007, 16:15
Hi Roderick-

Yes, The Falcom Tango modem uses a Wavecom GSM chip internally, with the Wavecom AT instruction set.

aromacor
- 14th April 2007, 04:34
Hi Mr. Anderson,

Thanks a lot for the info. I will be delighted to try out the AT commands when I have the device. Thanks again.

Roderick