PDA

View Full Version : Allow better control of text in GUI

Archangel
- 18th February 2007, 23:44
Overall I have been very happy with the compiler Suite, and this thread may be aimed more toward Microcode Studio than M E Labs. My intermediate vision is rather poor, so what I need is better control of the GUI. I would like to be able to control fonts and colors, not just Globaly as in setting the comments or strings to a particular color. I would like to be able to control the colors and font sizes of individual charactors within a line of code in a way that goes outside the set color / font settings. In summary, I would like to make individual charactors, words, numbers and statements, especially in the comment section jump off the page at me by altering their color, and size and boldness, I am really thinking Drag highlight over some text, right click, select color and BAM that important word in your comment line is now RED or Yellow. I would Like to control the width of the left gutter or have it resize itself to the smallest width required to accomodate the line numbers too. Of coarse if I ever get that 42" monitor, none of this will matter :)

mister_e
- 19th February 2007, 13:25
Or buy a second screen + video card which support 2 screen. That what i use on ALL my PCs. REALLY HANDY.

A while back, this question have been already asked on another forum for another compiler which use almost the same IDE from Mecanique. I know Mecanique have a lot of job on their 'to-do' list. Pretty sure one day Dave could do something around that.

The problem is that only a really few amount of person need it so... the priority level is set to really low.

Good luck!