PDA

View Full Version : the best 18fxx50 Bootloader?

vacpress
- 25th January 2007, 23:34
Hey everyone...

Anyone got an oppinion on which bootloader is best and easist to use?

Ive looked at a bunch and they all seem to be a mess in their own way, except the microchip one which seems OK, except the bootloader they have designed is extremely far from something you would want a 'client' to use to update device firmware... the code for it is borland C, which is not something I am about to get into!

Any advice? Experience? Sorry if i am begining to border on multiple postings.. Its just.. I am excitable!

-robert

www.robertguyser.com

PJALM
- 26th January 2007, 06:17
If you need the Microchip USB bootloader for windows interface changed please let me know. I have stripped it down to a more comfortable one and can even add your company name and logo to it.

vacpress
- 30th January 2007, 01:06
well. i was asking for advice, not offers for services..if i wanted to find borland c and edit the existing microchip supplied bootloader, i probably could, after all.. i am more interested in a general feel. there seem to be 3 or 4 USB bootloaders. Some seem more open-source than others..

I am still reading the USB 1.0 and 2.0 specs.. Plowed through the HID document.... I am not too lazy to google, and dont want an opensource bootloader modified FOR me..

Anyone done a bit of a survey in this regard?

THanks,

Robert

mister_e
- 30th January 2007, 05:15
The only one i used is the one from Microchip. The one of PicKit 2 is also interesting... and it's open source as well.