PDA

View Full Version : Serial LCD Source

enauman
- 9th January 2007, 00:07
What is the best source for low priced serial LCD Modules in small qty. 16x2, 16x4 etc

Archangel
- 9th January 2007, 02:18
I have several from this seller, I fried 1 the rest are all working. Reasonable delivery time and charges. Prices seem good too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sure-Electronics

skimask
- 10th January 2007, 03:51
I have several from this seller, I fried 1 the rest are all working. Reasonable delivery time and charges. Prices seem good too.

http://stores.ebay.com/Sure-Electronics

I've always been a bit wary of even looking at this guy's stuff. Half his eBay ad's are from Ninjing, China and some are from Ninjing, United States. Makes me wonder a bit if this person is trying to pull something shady.

Any problems with anything from Sure-Electronics, anything out of the ordinary? The one off shipment that takes a little longer than usual is understandable or that 1 part out of 100 that doesn't work, ok, but anything wierd?

bbarney
- 10th January 2007, 19:55
I'am sitting here looking at the shipment I just recieved.I ordered it in mid december but one part was out of stock so the wait was roughly 3 weeks but it was x-mas too.anyways I got an e-mail last thursday saying it had been shipped and I've got today,it's was from china.due to them being late they sent me 2000 1% 1/4 resistors,an 8x2 lcd,6ft usb cable and some pc cable sleeve's as a gift not bad:) I did a comparison shopping at digi-key for the part's i got compared to theirs and it was roughly $700 for digi-key and $56.00 for theirs quite a difference they nailed me good with the shipping though $100 but I'am still way ahead.the quality of the part's looks as good as I've gotten anywhere else.I have no complaint's and will deal with them again.when dealing on E-Bay just look at a sellers Feedback rating to judge how good or bad they are to deal with.When dealing with them just remember that you will be charged the shipping fee for each item like if you buy an lcd and the price is $5.00 and shipping is $5.00 and you order 2 lcd's you'll be charged $10.00 for shipping.Anyway's I'am happy with them

Archangel
- 11th January 2007, 02:54
Everything I ordered from this guy was good quality. The LCD which quit got wired wrongly several times and failed I believe as a result, that's ok because now I have it to use as a template to fit enclosures. He assures me everything he sells is RoHS compliant too, for several years. I do not go out of my way to recommend sellers on eBay, but in all fairness this Chinese Seller has kept his word, and since everything is made there anyway, I will keep the middleman's profits in my own pocket.
JS

skimask
- 11th January 2007, 04:34
Everything I ordered from this guy was good quality. The LCD which quit got wired wrongly several times and failed I believe as a result, that's ok because now I have it to use as a template to fit enclosures. He assures me everything he sells is RoHS compliant too, for several years. I do not go out of my way to recommend sellers on eBay, but in all fairness this Chinese Seller has kept his word, and since everything is made there anyway, I will keep the middleman's profits in my own pocket.
JS

Fair enough. Your right, the person does have a very good rating on eBay. I guess I'll expand my search options a bit. I just thought it was a bit wierd that this person would show his location on eBay as a Chinese city in the United States, kinda like if I would put down my location as Moscow, United States. Yes I know there is a few states with a town named Moscow, that's not the point.

bcheng
- 11th April 2007, 07:58
check out http://www.siliconcraft.net

16x2 characters LCD with serial input (RS232/TTL) with backlight
USD25

20x4 characters LCD with serial input (RS232/TTL) with backlight
USD35