PDA

View Full Version : $p@^^ p0$T$ 1n 0fF T0P1C $e(t10n

skimask
- 28th December 2006, 19:03
Just curious...
Does somebody have to get online and do some admin work to get rid of those spam adverts that keep showing up here, or is it part of a spam filter type thing, or what?

'cause it sure seems like a lot of thankless/unheralded work (i.e. no appreciation for the work type of thing) that somebody is doing...

(and I just had to do that to the title, I got a laugh from it :) )
JDG

P.S. The title should read
SPAM POSTS IN OFF TOPIC SECTION

Darrel Taylor
- 29th December 2006, 00:41
Just call me the "Spaminator". I'll be back.

Or maybe it's just the Janitor.

It used to be both Melanie and I, but I guess she got a promotion and doesn't have time anymore.

Fortunately, the last upgrade to vBulletin that Crownhill did at Christmas, sure put a damper on the http://darreltaylor.com/files/spam.gif. It seems to have stopped the automatic submitter programs, and now they have to do it manually again. Only getting 1 or 2 a day now. It was getting pretty bad for awhile, 10+ a day.

Thanks for noticing J.

skimask
- 29th December 2006, 01:37
Just call me the "Spaminator". I'll be back.

Or maybe it's just the Janitor.

It used to be both Melanie and I, but I guess she got a promotion and doesn't have time anymore.

Fortunately, the last upgrade to vBulletin that Crownhill did at Christmas, sure put a damper on the http://darreltaylor.com/files/spam.gif. It seems to have stopped the automatic submitter programs, and now they have to do it manually again. Only getting 1 or 2 a day now. It was getting pretty bad for awhile, 10+ a day.

Thanks for noticing J.

Good game DT. :)

Personally, I find most of those ads a bit funny, and obviously, all complete junk. It's amazing how many people get suckered into them.

Melanie
- 29th December 2006, 09:39
> It used to be both Melanie and I, but I guess she got a promotion and doesn't have time anymore.

Good guess Darrel...

Everyone's on holiday - and who's the mug sitting in an otherwise empty building pouring over production schedules and shift-rosters and trying to motivate a sales-force that's more interested in squabbling over Raspberry or Strawberry Jelly-Jam Doughnuts for next-weeks start-up... I feel a Miss Whiplash mood coming on...

Darrel Taylor
- 29th December 2006, 10:01
Mmmmm,

Jelly Doughnuts and a Whip. I'm in. :eek:

Well, I hope you at least take a day off for New Years.

All work and no play ... a Shrink you will have to pay.

skimask
- 29th December 2006, 15:59
Mmmmm,

Jelly Doughnuts and a Whip. I'm in. :eek:

Well, I hope you at least take a day off for New Years.

All work and no play ... a Shrink you will have to pay.

I thought New Years day was reserved for tweaking the latest bit of hardware on the 'Jelly Doughnut Whip-ifier'....
Well, maybe no 'Whip-ifier' in my future... more like figuring out the best way to parse OBD-II responses...that and I'm getting a kick out of those LED touch sensors...

skimask
- 30th December 2006, 08:11
I thought New Years day was reserved for tweaking the latest bit of hardware on the 'Jelly Doughnut Whip-ifier'....
Well, maybe no 'Whip-ifier' in my future... more like figuring out the best way to parse OBD-II responses...that and I'm getting a kick out of those LED touch sensors...

I'm watching the list on the bottom of the main forums screen...says newest member 'Carpartsho' who is also viewing the Off Topic.... $20 says it's another $p@^^....
Kudos to DT for keeping the list clear of that crap...

Archangel
- 30th December 2006, 08:47
Kudos to DT for keeping the list clear of that crap...

AMEN to that!

Archangel
- 30th December 2006, 08:51
> I feel a Miss Whiplash mood coming on...
Just dress them like schoolboys and spank them . . .