PDA

View Full Version : Not so legal copies of PBP

skimask
- 13th December 2006, 13:57
I'm just wondering how many of the people that post on this site have real, bonafide versions of PBP and how many are pirated copies.
I might be going out on a limb here, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the people that ask the silly questions don't have a PBP manual.
Kinda ticks me off ya know...
JDG

SOMRU
- 13th December 2006, 14:29
My copy of PBP is a true registsred copy. It rather wizzes me as well that if someone needs the full version, pay for it! If you are not shure it's for you, the demo version is enough to become aquainted with it's features. Granted the 213 page printed manual is a bit lacking, but it can also be downloaded in PDF format, which is actually quicker to reference from. The cost of the software is not bank-breaking, yet. Stolen sofware can result in an increase of the price so that us professionals, as well as the average techonut, can afford it.

ok, enough, I've vented, and that's that..

thanks....

skimask
- 13th December 2006, 14:47
Granted the 213 page printed manual is a bit lacking, but it can also be downloaded in PDF format, which is actually quicker to reference from.
thanks....

Which is actually the part that really kills me, that the manual it's so readily accessible.
JDG

keithdoxey
- 13th December 2006, 16:39
I'm just wondering how many of the people that post on this site have real, bonafide versions of PBP and how many are pirated copies.
I might be going out on a limb here, but I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the people that ask the silly questions don't have a PBP manual.
Kinda ticks me off ya know...
JDG

You can bet there are quite few pirate copies being used :(

The software I use for PCB design has some built in "features" that become apparent when used with cracked keys. People using cracked versions reqularly join the user forum which is hosted by the software creators and start posting questions about various things.

You can spot the people using the cracked versions in two ways.

1. They show up as "Unlicenced Users" because until you submit a form with your licence/user details for verification you dont get your status changed. Once verified you have access to some additional forums.

2. They post a question about an error and a reply from one of the admins says something along the lines of "Please contact us with your licence details or customer number so that we can resolve this problem".

Bit of a giveaway :) :)

skimask
- 30th December 2006, 00:28
Which is actually the part that really kills me, that the manual it's so readily accessible.
JDG

And I'm going to start keeping track of folks that I think might not have a legal version of PBP. This really pi$$e$ me off....

Archangel
- 30th December 2006, 02:11
And I'm going to start keeping track of folks that I think might not have a legal version of PBP. This really pi$$e$ me off....
Not much to do in North Dakota in the winter, eh? ;)

skimask
- 30th December 2006, 03:44
Not much to do in North Dakota in the winter, eh? ;)

Are you kidding? I just got done running my snowthrower (i.e. John Deere tractor w/ 46" front mounted thrower )! I swapped out the driven pulley with one that's about 2/3 the size of the old one. That thing 'zings' the snow out there! And I've got a fair amount of hills around here to go sledding down and bust my face! Talk about fun...well, that and a pint of butterscotch schnapps sorta helps :/