PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PIC Basic Tutorial

zotamus
- 27th November 2006, 18:01
Hello,

I am looking for a place to buy "MEL PIC Basic - An Introduction" or an equivalent book somewhere in the US so I don't have to pay $50 for shipping from England. Anyone know where I can get a good tutorial in the US?

Thanks,

Zot

BobK
- 28th November 2006, 03:46
Hello Zotamus,

That's a great book that you are looking for. I originally bought my copy from Micro Engineering Labs (MEL) years ago. I guess they don't have it anymore. They also had Les Johnson's PIC BASIC PRO book but that one is out of production. Another great learning aid is "Programming PIC Microcontrollers with PicBasic" by Chuck Helebuyck. His website is www.elproducts.com. He also sells various kits with programming tools and software. They are a few other good books out there to learn from. Make sure that you inquire about the language the book uses, meaning PIC Basic or assembly. I have purchased a few books that seemed they were for programming PICs but they used assembly language. Just a heads up!

So I don't upset anyone here, this forum is also a great place to get a good education on using PICs using both PIC BASIC and PIC BASIC PRO. I have been on this forum since 2004 and the folks here are willing to assist you in learning and answering your questions.

HTH,

BobK

dw_picbasic
- 30th January 2007, 02:56
Check out the UK web site.

http://www.crownhill.co.uk/results.php?keywords=book