PDA

View Full Version : Animated Avatars

Archangel
- 25th November 2006, 23:12
OK GUYS,
Darrel, Mister_e, Flutoplex, etc . . .
How did you get PBP forum to accept animated Avatars? I try this and it politely refuses! ;)
JS

rhino
- 25th November 2006, 23:19
Is your avatar a gif file? This is what I used, with no problem.

Darrel Taylor
- 25th November 2006, 23:20
The maximum size of your custom image is 90 by 90 pixels or 19.5 KB
(whichever is smaller).

Although someone else had a similar problem where the file was within the limits, but it still wouldn't upload. Possibly a browser security problem or something. We never did figure it out. But I was able to upload it for him.

If you still have a problem, let me know, and I can do the same again.

rhino
- 25th November 2006, 23:23
I always wondered how some people were able to change the registered user under their name to something else. Don't see it very often.

Darrel Taylor
- 25th November 2006, 23:37
Can't do it in this forum. (unless you're admin)

As far as I know, everyone except Lester, Melanie and myself are simply "Registered User"s.

_

rhino
- 25th November 2006, 23:41
I'm trying to remember who the user was that done it. I remember it said.."What is Hip?" or something to that effect. I do remember seeing it change back to registered user shortly after. I want to say his avatar was a french horn, but it's been so long now, I can't remember for sure. No big deal. Don't know what I'd change it to anyway. Maybe "resident dork?"

rhino
- 25th November 2006, 23:48
Maybe it wasn't a french horn, but a trombone. Squibcakes??

rhino
- 25th November 2006, 23:52
Here's one (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=321)

Archangel
- 26th November 2006, 00:21
Hi All,
It is a gif file of 7k size. I sent the link to Darrel in a private post. Cheers JS
Boy I'm glad this dog isn't animated, with those ears he would fly off the screen! :)

Darrel Taylor
- 26th November 2006, 01:27
rhino,

Yup, sure is one.

I have no idea.