PDA

View Full Version : Bookmark support for the PBP Editor?

muskut
- 2nd November 2006, 15:06
The Bookmark feature is very useful for the programming language editors. (i.e. Delphi 7) When you want to mark somewhere in the code area in your source code (like a subrutine) You can use a bookmark. Then you can brunch anywhere in your code. When you want to comeback the subrutine which we marked it with a bookmark you can use a short cut button with combination of keybord and you can deploy the subrutine without using code explorer.

For example (for delphi editor);

to add a bookmark for a subrutine; Ctrl + Shift + Number (ie: Ctrl + Shift + 1)
to deploy the subrutine from anywhere in the source code; Ctrl + Number (ie: Ctrl + 1)

its faster, really useful.

When will see this feature in the Microcode Studio Plus Editor?

I am looking forward it

Acetronics2
- 3rd November 2006, 15:28
Hi, Muskut

I Think ... Using INCLUDE could do exactly what you want !!!

Heuuuuuu, " RTFM " page 22 ... for details.

Alain

I Also found it in MCS Help .... Boooooo !!!

muskut
- 3rd November 2006, 15:49
INCLUDE is different from BOOKMARK.

INCLUDE can be a solution but its not my question's answer.

I want to mark a special line in my source code and I want to go there when I want by a shortcut

Acetronics2
- 3rd November 2006, 15:55
So, Just place a label !!! only for that purpose ...

You'll find it in the left window !!!

Then a double click will do your (...) wishes ...

Alain

PS: Copy/Paste will be enough then ... instead of INCLUDE.

Archangel
- 3rd November 2006, 22:04
So, Just place a label !!! only for that purpose ...

I thought code following a label was confined to the custody of that label, like in a sub program, NOT SO ?

mister_e
- 4th November 2006, 00:55
When you drive your car on the highway... have you to take all exit?

You can have 2019823498723563275642396456872 label but use only 100.. no harm, no preblem, no nothing.

Or maybe i miss something in here?

Archangel
- 4th November 2006, 06:34
When you drive your car on the highway... have you to take all exit?

You can have 2019823498723563275642396456872 label but use only 100.. no harm, no preblem, no nothing.

Or maybe i miss something in here?

So if you do this it won't interrupt your code . . .

Main:
Do something useful
if ! useful then
Bookmark1:
do something other
else
goto main

Won't it simply stop when the label Bookmark1 is reached and not finish and
loop?

Acetronics2
- 4th November 2006, 10:04
Undersand A label is just a help in the editor ... better you to understand what you do.

When compiler sees Goto " labex x" ( i.e. ) it just replaces "label x " by the corresponding Hex program line number ... just as when you call a variable " gremlin " it juts replaces " gremlin " by its location in the memory.

The best proof is to uncompile hex programs : you won't find any labels nor variable names ... just line numbers and memory locations !!!

No statement referring to labels or variable names = no effect on hex program...

Alain

muskut
- 4th November 2006, 10:41
using a Label and using the left widow to go this label is not solution. Bookmark is more more more different. When you compile your code, the labels will be compiled by the compiler. But Bookmarks wont. The bookmarks are used only editing time by the editor interface.

sometimes, suing Left Object Inspector Window is not useful to write speedy code. You have to use the mouse and your eyes to watch for the left window area for labels, variabels, consts... But you dont have to use the mouse and your eyes for the bookmarks and also you can be more speedy.

(I dont like using mouse when I write code)

mister_e
- 4th November 2006, 10:50
(I dont like using mouse when I write code)
This is why i use a trackball instead :D

Your points are valid and interesting. As far as i'm aware of, MCS allow 1 breakpoint/bookmark

Archangel
- 5th November 2006, 09:19
Undersand A label is just a help in the editor ... better you to understand what you do.

When compiler sees Goto " labex x" ( i.e. ) it just replaces "label x " by the corresponding Hex program line number ... just as when you call a variable " gremlin " it juts replaces " gremlin " by its location in the memory.

The best proof is to uncompile hex programs : you won't find any labels nor variable names ... just line numbers and memory locations !!!

No statement referring to labels or variable names = no effect on hex program...

Alain
So are you saying, if you were to forget to put return in a subroutine the program would just run into the next line of code, prehaps the code in the following Labeled subroutine?

Acetronics2
- 5th November 2006, 11:09
So are you saying, if you were to forget to put return in a subroutine the program would just run into the next line of code, prehaps the code in the following Labeled subroutine?

YESSSSSSS !!!! program pointer is incremented by 1 if no "return", "goto", "gosub" , "resume", ( all Statements that modify the program pointer ) ... etc. is found

Alain

Archangel
- 5th November 2006, 21:29
Thank You,
I am now a little more edumacated, I think I will give this technique a try!
Joe