PDA

View Full Version : Surplus 18pin PIC 'dev' boards (+ a couple others)

skimask
- 30th September 2006, 05:26
I've got a load of extra PCBs left over from a project that was supposed to happen awhile back. Turns out my bro' had to back out of the deal and left me holding the bag, or the PCBs in this case. Anyways, I've got an 18 pin PIC 'dev' board, a power distribution board, and strips for the square high output LEDs.

For the 1st board, I've got about 900+ of this board I was going to use for a sort of a controller. It's based on 18 pin PICs and most flash based 18 pin PICs (16F628, 18F1320, etc) will fit without a problem. It's got lands for an SMT crystal, 5-way nav switch, SMT RGB LED, 3 n-channel MOSFETs, 5v regulator, etc. Along with this, most pins are available at the edge of the PCB, and what isn't available at the edge of the PCB can be accessed through oversized via's in the interior of the PCB. See the attached files for pictures of the assembled board as I've used it. I used the PCB originally to control a string of RGB LEDs through the MOSFETs. Later on, I used it as the basis for an RF controller. I've also used it as a remote 'keypad' type contraption.

I'm asking $.75USD for each of the '18 pin PIC dev' boards.

For the 2nd board, I've got about 500+ of my power distribution PCB. Originally I used it to switch 12v through 3 channels through 5v logic level inputs (using the 3 MOSFETs on the 'dev' PCB). I've tested these boards and they'll easily handle about 10amps @ 12v without heating up, they really don't start getting hot until you hit over 20amps or so (I tested them by using the PCBs to run the headlights and taillights and a few fog lights on my truck). I don't have pictures of this board yet, but I should by early next week.

I'm asking $1USD for each of the 'power distribution' boards.

The 3rd board is the LED strip. It's set up to take up to 9 of the 'large' square LEDs (Lumiled Superflux types). In the way I used them, 3 red, 3 green, and 3 blue. The PCB is set up to take those 3 sets of 3 LEDs, controlled on 3 different channels at the input, thru 3 current limiting resistors. In my project, I cut the boards apart, and ran jumper wires between the chunks to spread them out a bit and put them in acrylic tubes. In the attached picture, I have the PCBs mounted in a piece of clear flexible tube, again, better pictures by early next week.

I'm asking $1USD for each of these boards also.

I figure $1 should cover shipping easily in small quantities. Anything more than 10 or so of each board may cost more to ship, I'll figure that out when I get there.
I don't need to make any money from this, I just want them out of my shop. And besides, I figure I might be able to hook somebody else up down the line with some of this stuff.

Respond here and I'll hook up with you.
Thanks for looking...
JDG
P.S. These things will probably be on eBay soon, in bulk. So if you aren't really sure about buying them here or over email, maybe eBay will suit you better. Who knows...

Dave
- 30th September 2006, 14:33
skimask, A schematic would be nice......

Dave Purola,
N8NTA

skimask
- 30th September 2006, 18:52
You're absolutely right. Schematics and a couple of pictures attached.

JDG

cardfish22
- 3rd January 2007, 18:49
Do you have any of the switch caps for the 5-way nav switch? I'd be interested in buying just those. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

skimask
- 3rd January 2007, 20:01
Do you have any of the switch caps for the 5-way nav switch? I'd be interested in buying just those. I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Digikey # btntpa029

cardfish22
- 5th January 2007, 04:31
I tried that, the buttons are no longer being made by ITT and not in stock at Digikey "Obsolete item; call Digi-Key for more information."

skimask
- 5th January 2007, 05:32
I tried that, the buttons are no longer being made by ITT and not in stock at Digikey "Obsolete item; call Digi-Key for more information."

Oh great, now I've got a bunch of switches without caps. Sounds like it's time to put in a call to ITT, maybe even keep an eye on eBay or something. I wonder if that cap has just been superceded by a different part number from ITT. Ya gotta figure that switch can't possibly be totally obsolete, there's gotta be some sort of suitable substitute.

cardfish22
- 5th January 2007, 05:47
We've been looking for 3 months for a solution. :) ITT said that they couldn't maintain the quality on the switch cap; I'm not sure if their molds are old, demand was too low or what, but they have dropped production. I've looked EVERYWHERE for any stock along with our Contract Manufacture company (big company). Besides a hearing back from about 10 shady companies in Hong Kong who said they had thousands - we asked to send us a picture of their stock to insure they weren't just going to take our cash, and never heard back! - we haven't found any.
We are looking at spending big $$ to have our own mold made and get about 10k units produced (min lot size), but we have $$ to throw around to fix the problem (I work for a big company). :)
I'll let you know if we happen to find any. If you need some, let me know (via PM) and I might be able to share some of our custom ones.

skimask
- 5th January 2007, 06:10
We've been looking for 3 months for a solution. :) ITT said that they couldn't maintain the quality on the switch cap; I'm not sure if their molds are old, demand was too low or what, but they have dropped production. I've looked EVERYWHERE for any stock along with our Contract Manufacture company (big company). Besides a hearing back from about 10 shady companies in Hong Kong who said they had thousands - we asked to send us a picture of their stock to insure they weren't just going to take our cash, and never heard back! - we haven't found any.
We are looking at spending big $$ to have our own mold made and get about 10k units produced (min lot size), but we have $$ to throw around to fix the problem (I work for a big company). :)
I'll let you know if we happen to find any. If you need some, let me know (via PM) and I might be able to share some of our custom ones.

I'll go out on a limb and say that you've probably got the datasheet with all the dimensional info on the cap itself? I got one awhile back from the website, wasn't worth crap, emailed them, got a good copy somewhere here on my drive.