PDA

View Full Version : USB programmer problems

uiucee2003
- 7th August 2006, 22:32
This is my first experience with both USB and equipment from meLabs, and I am having trouble communicating with my USB programmer. This is what I have done so far:

1. Once the programmer software was booted, I inserted the USB cable into the programmer for the first time, which prompted Windows 98 to install the necessary drivers.

2. I eventually find the two it asked for - hidparse.sys and hydusb.sys - and Windows completed its task.

3. I attempted to load a program and use the "Get target information" option but I received an error message: "Lost communication with Programmer"

4. When I try the steps in 3 with the USB cable off, I get "Unable to communicate. Check USB cable"

5. This errors occur w/wo the Lab X-2 board plugged into the programmer. The "Port" in the programmer software is set to Auto; the other options are greyed-out

This is what's in my computer, as far as drivers and such:
hidparse.sys C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS 40KB
hidusb.sys C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS 9KB
HIDagentXControl1.ocx C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 732KB
HIDagentXControl1.ocx C:\Program Files\meLabs Programmer 732KB
regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM 37KB

I am using Windows 98 [Version 4.10.1998].

The computer knows the programmer is there, but for some reason losses communication with it. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I have already read through the common problems section in the readme and help files provided by meLabs.

Thanks!

Demon
- 14th August 2006, 21:46
Have you checked the description of the programmer to see if it is compatible with Windows 98?

Robert
:)

uiucee2003
- 15th August 2006, 23:47
I emailed meLabs for tech support and they gave me some advice which I am still implementing.