PDA

View Full Version : PBP Editor Wish List:

blainecf
- 11th July 2006, 19:06
1. Editor would automatically change "END IF" to "ENDIF"

2. Ability to customize the Code Explorer to leave the Labels node expanded while leaving all other nodes collapsed. (I use the Labels node to quickly jump to a portion of the code referenced by a GOSUB - very handy!!!)

3. Online Updating has no ability (that I can find) to manually ask for updates (?) ... now that I play with it, I can't seem to make it work at all, automatically or otherwise.

4. VB has the ability to "mark" one or more places in the code, and then jump to the next or previously "marked" spot. This is very useful.

These are pretty minor things; overall I love the development environment!

Thanks,

mister_e
- 12th July 2006, 01:51
Melabs don't create the Editor. If you have MicroCode Studio... all the credit goes to Mr David Baker from Mecanique.... yeah the same guy who create at least the Free Easy HID Maker.

All excellent an used daily by myself. Thank you David for such great stuff!

David is also a member of this forum, his website is bellow.
www.mecanique.co.uk

keithdoxey
- 12th July 2006, 10:27
Melabs don't create the Editor. If you have MicroCode Studio... all the credit goes to Mr David Baker from Mecanique.... yeah the same guy who create at least the Free Easy HID Maker.

All excellent an used daily by myself. Thank you David for such great stuff!

David is also a member of this forum, his website is bellow.
www.mecanique.co.uk

I agree.

Microcode Studio Plus is superb but I also agree with the first point raised by the original poster as by far my biggest mistake is putting "END IF" instead of "ENDIF" :)

What I would like to see added to MCS is the ability to insert "Page Breaks" into the source code so that a printout can be made to look neater, eg force a new sheet before a particularly long section of code to stop it appearing over two pages.

mister_e
- 12th July 2006, 16:17
the only thing you can do, is to import your .BAS to Word and do all formating there. But your point is interesting.

blainecf
- 12th July 2006, 16:49
Since this is possible:

MyArray VAR BYTE[20]
MyArray[0] = "H"
MyArray[1] = "i"
MyArray[2] = " "
MyArray[3] = "B"

Why not:

MyArray[0] = "Hi Blaine"

and then
MyArray[3] = "Rhonda"

??????

I'm not asking for full blown BASIC variable length string handling capabilities with garbage collection, but this one piece of functionality would be WONDERBAR!!!

mister_e
- 12th July 2006, 17:34
MyArray[0]="String" will never work as each index must be a byte. but

MyArray var byte[20]

MyArray="String"

could be interesting. But as i don't really use array for string but prefer the 'embedded string in your code space' style or using an external eeprom... i can't see any benefit of... but maybe if

MyArray var byte[20]
Array2 var byte[20]

MyArray="Hello"

'
'
'
'
'
Hserin [STR Array2\20\13]
If array2=Myarray then DoSomething

now we talk of something easy to write and understand... usefull... yeas, no, toaster, hamburger... depending the way you think.

blainecf
- 12th July 2006, 18:11
Has anyone written assembler functions that would stuff strings into arrays?

If someone would give me the basics of it, I'd love to write a set of low-level string functions for manipulating strings withing PBP arrays. Someone please help me get to first base and I'll run with it, posting the results as I go !

Just show me how to accomplish: MyArray = "Hi Blaine" via something like:

call stringassign MyArray, "Hi Blaine"

Then I'll try to write corresponding functions for mid, left, right, and concatenation. We'll debate, refine, and GO FORWARD CONQUERING!

mister_e
- 12th July 2006, 22:07
you can play around the 'embedded string in your code space' stuff
http://www.pbpgroup.com/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=10

just change the StringOut subroutine to send value to an array instead of sending it with HSEROUT.

it's still far of what you need but have a look at different method...take your time to read from the begining'till the end. You need the use of Macro.. there's few example in and there
http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1999&highlight=strings+embedded

and now we are far of the original topic ;)