PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic 6 question

Christopher4187
- 1st July 2006, 20:12
Hi,

I have been trying to do something for a few hours now and I need help. I have attached a picture so if my question isn't clear, you can take a look at it. When you run a form in VB6, how can you change the title of that form? It seems like something so simple but I can't get it.

Chris

Luciano
- 1st July 2006, 20:43
Hi,

At run-time:

Form1.Caption = "Hello this is the form caption!"

or

Me.Caption = "Hello this is the form caption!"

At Design Time:

Change the property "Caption" of the form.

Best regards,

Luciano

Christopher4187
- 1st July 2006, 23:08
Thanks, works great!

Christopher4187
- 3rd July 2006, 13:47
I know I saw this topic somewhere in the forum about a week or two ago but I can't seem to find it now. What I am doing is receiving a number (10048757 5A) and using an if-then statement to execute a command. The first number (10048757) tells VB what device it is and the second number (5A) tells VB that status of the device. Right now I am using an if then:

If string= 10048757 5A then
deviceA="on"
endif

This works good but there are some devices that have analog values. The one previously mentioned is digital (either 55 or 5A). So, what I am trying to do is ignore the larger number and do something like this:

text1.text=5A

but the string variable is 10048757 5A. How can I ignore the larger number and only display the 5A or any other number?

Thanks,

Chris

Luciano
- 3rd July 2006, 13:57
Hi,

Use the the "Right" Function.

The Right function returns a specified number of characters from the right side of a string.

See also "Left" Function.

Best regards,

Luciano

mister_e
- 3rd July 2006, 14:06
If some are interested, i have a huge and great VB6 reference EBOOK in here. Unfortunately it's to big to fit here, just drop me your e-mail on my PM and i can send it to those who need.

Also, Bruce have a great and short tutorial on VB bellow
http://www.rentron.com/VisualBasic.htm