PDA

View Full Version : Electronic DICE for PIC10F or anything else!

Melanie
- 13th March 2006, 12:12
I concede to Bruce as the first person on this forum to do something useful as a stand-alone application with a PIC10F series. These PICs are really designed for use as 'electronic glue' sticking together other electronics that might otherwise not be compatible, or to replace chunks of discrete logic in larger designs.

However… not wishing to be outdone… here's something for one and all to enjoy... electronic DICE... yeah, I know, it's been done before and will be done again until the end of time… But has it been done with a microprocessor that boasts all of a massive three and a half I/O's?

How do you connect seven (or in our case eight) LEDs, have a User switch-On, Generate a Random Number and have Auto switch-Off all inside a PIC with those impressive three and half I/O's – and use only around a dozen parts (of which eight are LEDs)? And (topically) how do you do it in MeLabs PBP and not cheat by using Assembler?

Now's your chance to find out… grab your samples of PIC10F's and start rolling that Dice...

Given some time I'll probably throw together a PCB and a nice silk-screened professional enclosure if there's any interest.

Enjoy...

mister_e
- 13th March 2006, 14:18
Vote option are a bit limited but i voted 'something to consider when i'm bored'... not the project is boring. No seems great. Let's say i'll interpret it like
I'll consider 10F when i'll be bored with any other project on the shelf

Maybe a 10F project contest could be add somewhere here ;)

Hurry up everybody, let's show what we can do with only 3-4 i/o and really limited code space AND only in PBP if possible.

bartman
- 13th March 2006, 18:43
Hmmm, I can't open this file from here or after I download it. Is something up with it?

Bart

Melanie
- 13th March 2006, 21:19
It's a straightforward Adobe pdf file... opens up just fine.... anyone else have problems?

bartman
- 13th March 2006, 22:12
After the fifth attempt today it finally opened after I downloaded it. Don't know why it wouldn't work the first four, but now maybe I can glean some knowledge.

Bart