PDA

View Full Version : Email Forum Broke... this is a nice place though...

Melanie
- 17th July 2003, 14:26
For sanity's sake, I've unsubscribed from the email forum until somebody shoots the messenger (and the messages).

Melanie

tegel
- 17th July 2003, 19:28
Me also, It started last night, and since then have had over 600 messages today !

Ingvar
- 18th July 2003, 09:50
So, when does it stop?

Just got back from two days R&R and started my computer. It's been dowloading messages for more than an hour, 566 and couting.

Ingvar

Melanie
- 18th July 2003, 11:08
Thank goodness for Mailwasher (whoever told me about it last year - thanks - *kiss*)... at least you can selectively view and kill the mail from the server without actually having to download it... tell me it's not still duplicating a day later...

Calco
- 18th July 2003, 12:12
Well for now at least the e-mails seemed to have stopped!!

Finally after close on a 1000 in the last 24 hours..

Hmmm looking around here, Melanie is right. This is a nice place!!

Nice decor, could do with some furniture though :)

Regards

Darryl..

Calco
- 18th July 2003, 12:25
Well for now at least the e-mails seemed to have stopped!!

Finally after close on a 1000 in the last 24 hours..

Hmmm looking around here, Melanie is right. This is a nice place!!

Nice decor, could do with some furniture though :)

Regards

Darryl..

keithdoxey
- 18th July 2003, 12:48
Has the cause of the problem been identified yet ?

The therory I posted last night started bouncing around the system for a while and I received two bounce messages for someone on the list.

I fully expected to see loads of copies of my message when I checked at 6am this morning along with more bounce messages but there were only a couple of copies received overnight even though some of the posts that had been doing the rounds all day were still arriving.

I cant check my email until tonight so will have to see how many I have by then!

Calco
- 18th July 2003, 12:54
oops... I think I hit the send button twice last time.

sorry

keithdoxey
- 18th July 2003, 13:05
Calco wrote (twice)...

"oops... I think I hit the send button twice last time.

sorry"

DONT DO THAT !!!!!!

I thought the Piclist problem had surface here as well :-)

Calco
- 18th July 2003, 13:09
Sorry 'bout that Keith.

Bad mouse I think. either that or naughty PC.

It didnt appear to do anything on my first click so I simply clicked it again.

Me bad.

Sorry (again)

Radiance
- 18th July 2003, 16:17
I'll take an online forum over a List Server ANY DAY. List servers are so "yesterday":)

I'll start posting questions here, if folks would start recommending people to come over here vs. the list server.

languer
- 18th July 2003, 20:31
I will second that.

It bugs me that MELABS does not really provide this service. They provide a list, but it is really mantained by a third party, and although this is probably common today (outsourcing that is) the urgency and desire to fix it for good are not there (does seem that way at least). I propose that other people using the list demand this enough until they finally provide something useful (and stable). I have requested it many times, but the list; well it is not even on their scope of things to worry about. They seem content to blame Lester everytime it goes down, but do not step up to the plate and provide some real forum.

Enough whining.

lester
- 19th July 2003, 09:54
HI, just a really quick message , I'm really sorry about the mailing list problems. I'm working hard top fix it, but so far I cannot find the problem. I have had many so called experts advise me and all to no avail ( sometimes i seem to know more than them, wich is sad!),

I hope that the forum is useful to you, i'll get the mailing list fixed but until then the forum is the best bet.

It really can work very well, we have been running one for our own products for some time and the level of support and searchability is much better than the mailing list.

If you still want email notification of posts, you can get this from the web forum by selecting the subscribe to this forum option under the new thread button and the forum will mail you when there is a new post related to your interests.

We also have a couple of moderators on the forum, so it should be possible to handle flame wars and bad language much more easily before they offend people.

Have fun, and if your into linux, see my request for help, in the help section !