PDA

View Full Version : serial comm to C328 camera module

mxkeene
- 27th February 2006, 05:31
Has anyone had any experience with the c328 Jpeg camera module? I'm trying to connect to it with a PIC18f2420 running at 40mhz using the standard serout2 command.

The waveform of the serial command appears to be identical to what is specified in the documentation, but I'm not getting any response from the camera. I've gone over all the specs very carefully, but I'm not getting anywhere.

Anyone out there have success with this?

mxkeene
- 6th March 2006, 00:14
I found that my osc define was incorrect. Duhh! Seems like it makes a difference between osc and OSC for the define.

So, for everyone having trouble with serial or pause timing problems, double check your oscillator define and make sure it is in uppercase.

I'm surprised that the compiler didnt give an error for this, it just ignored the define.

live and learn...

nesl7998
- 28th November 2007, 22:21
I am trying to sync a C328 module with a PIC24FJ128 as well as a PIC18F97J60 and have been unsuccessful. My signal appears correct according to the documentation, but I am not receiving a response from the module. I am transmitting/receiving through UART1. What do you think is the problem? Also, would you be able to send your working code so that I might see where I went wrong?