PDA

View Full Version : Unusual serial comunication

MegaADY
- 3rd January 2006, 18:23
Hello all ! I start this thread for the third time ... Until now I got only ambiguous answers to my problem because I was not too clear with my setup. Now I attached a schematic here with my setup.
Basically, I have two devices. A master device and a slave device independent from each other. The master device powers with 5 V the slave device.
Now, I put a pic inside the master device ( PIC 2 ) and a pic inside slave device ( PIC 1 ) . I want PIC 1 to send few bytes from time to time to PIC 2 at maximum 1200 baud ( 600 or less is ok too ... ) using the power line. Melanie gave me an ideea in this thread.

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=2806&highlight=megaady

The problem is that it is a little bit different from my setup. Can anyone help me ? I am stuck with this and I can not figure it out. I would like to use some simple hardware addons, like Melanie's not power line controllers or stuff like this. Thank you very much !

mat janssen
- 3rd January 2006, 19:40
maybe this is what you need.
Make the communication so that if there is no communication the powersupply is 5 volt.

MegaADY
- 4th January 2006, 16:29
Thanks for your schematic. It does not work ... in fact I have some curent pulses in the collector of BC547 ... but no valid data . I am using T300 picbasic mode. Any ideea where the problem might be ?

mat janssen
- 4th January 2006, 18:10
Then put a big capacitor in the neighborhood of the BC547. The collector resistor of the bc547 must be at the stable site of the supply.
The 2x100 ohm resistors for the data switch might be higher in value if the supply current of the PIC1 is low.
You have to play with it, because I don't know what you are making. It was yust an example of an idea.

MegaADY
- 5th January 2006, 16:36
Thank you , it is working finally, I put 26ohm resistors instead of 100ohm.
The pics are communicating to each other, but the main slave device, don't.
It doe not have enough power ! The slave device is powered by the master device with 5v and it drains about 500mA. Pic1 inside the slave device is satisfied with 3v but the main device don't ... hmmmm .... what can I do in this situation ?

mat janssen
- 5th January 2006, 18:15
The main pic gets alway's 5 volt or did you make an other circuit than I drew?
Or your 7805 is broken. or your main supply is not strong enough.
Or did you build sommething else. if so please let me see the drawing then.

MegaADY
- 5th January 2006, 18:30
hm .. can I talk with you ? Can you give me a messenger address where I can explain you everyting more detailed ? thank you

mat janssen
- 5th January 2006, 18:49
I don't have a messenger adres. Only an email adres.