PDA

View Full Version : New Category: Adding Additional Functionality to PB

mytekcontrols
- 31st October 2005, 20:39
I would like to suggest adding a New Category that would cover anything that adds to the functionality, or simple adds new functions to PicBasic such as Darrel Taylor's Macros. I know there are other threads like "making code more modular" that delve into this, but it would be much easier to find if it had a main category all its own.

This could also include 3rd party software add-ons.

The title might not be the best, please feel free to change it. Any suggestions from any one out there?

Darrel Taylor
- 1st November 2005, 20:13
I too would like to see this Forum.

Perhaps, "Extending PBP".

Dwayne
- 2nd November 2005, 15:32
How about programming tips...

Dwayne

NavMicroSystems
- 3rd November 2005, 00:31
See: here (http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=14518&postcount=4)

mytekcontrols
- 3rd November 2005, 01:52
I read the post and I see your point. Do you think it would be ok to move topics into the new categories, where it seemed appropriate? As long as a simple note and a link were provided in the old spot, I wouldn't think it would cause any problems or piss anyone off. Of course as you said it would require moderation by at least one of the adminstrators, and I'm not sure how difficult, or should I say how much work would be involved in doing this.

Just a thought :confused:

Darrel Taylor
- 3rd November 2005, 03:13
True, they may not have helped spread the threads, but they haven't done any harm either. And, at least we have the option if we want to use it.

And a forum dedicated to expanding the capabilities of PBP would fit the theme behind many of my post's. I'm quite sure it would get a better turn out than GSM or Bluetooth. If nothing more than 100 posts from me.

I for one, would still like to see this forum generated, (whatever name).

Lester??

Darrel Taylor
- 3rd November 2005, 03:27
Oh, and as for the moderation. I move posts around all the time, it's quite a job keeping the FAQ and Code Example forums free of unwanted clutter. But both of those forums have particular rules, whereas the "PicBasic Pro" forum only has 1, it has to be about "PicBasic Pro". We don't have the right to move any posts from there just cause we think it was about "Serial Communications". It's up to the person that posts it to make that call.
<br>

mytekcontrols
- 5th November 2005, 08:48
Darrel:

We don't have the right to move any posts from there just cause we think it was about "Serial Communications". It's up to the person that posts it to make that call.

Sounds reasonable. How does one do that? In other words, what is the best way for someone to get their post moved into another area?

Melanie
- 5th November 2005, 16:53
...what is the best way for someone to get their post moved into another area?

I can't think of any better way than sending a big envelope of money (any internationally recognised and negotiable currency) to any of the Admins (I'm not as fussy as some others and I'll also consider Diamonds and seriously expensive Chocolate!).

mytekcontrols
- 5th November 2005, 17:47
Melanie:

I'm not as fussy as some others and I'll also consider Diamonds and seriously expensive Chocolate!

Hmmm interesting... would something like this work?

http://www.picbasic.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=599&stc=1&d=1131208660 :)

And while I'm on the subject of giving out diamonds and chocolate for favors; can someone please turn on the html in this forum? My gift presentation would have been so much nicer if it were on.

I wonder how many chocolates that'll set me back? Or worst yet diamonds:eek:

Thanks,

lester
- 23rd January 2006, 05:29
The object of turning HTML OFF in some areas of the forum is to prevent users from displaying large pictures and overly graphical text messages.

Reasons:
They can cause the forum to slowdown,
It allows users to decide if they want to see the picture, thus preventing offensive "in your face" posts
It keeps the forum entries easily readable for all users.

A new forum category has been created. PBP Extensions under PBP. There will be a general announcement