PDA

View Full Version : simulating mouse

maus
- 27th October 2005, 20:53
has anybody have a example how to simulate a ps-2 mouse (serial) with inputs from a pic with buttons or from adc inputs.
I've looked on the web but only found a source-code but i need it in picbasic

who can help me on the right track..

thx Maus

Melanie
- 28th October 2005, 01:57
Have you looked in the USB Directory of your PBP Compiler installation recently?

Ingvar
- 28th October 2005, 02:05
Do a search on the net for PS/2, mouse, keyboard and BS2. You should find lots of useful info. Keyboards and mice are very similar, only the protocol are different. Hardware and communication are the same. You should easily be able to convert any Stampcode you find into PBP.

boroko
- 25th January 2010, 02:53
Hi all,
I seem to find a number of posts that address simulating a PS/2 keyboard or mouse to simulate input to a computer. I have actually went into a wheel mouse and got the signals from the encoders for quadrature input but that wastes the inherent intellegence already in the mouse. At some point, it seems smarter to use the natural data stream from one instead of hacking it for 3 axises and the switch status. If I can handle the data, I can use it to manually take control of a CNC gantry. The X and Y positioning is logical, and the wheel will be used to manually adjust the Z.
The starting point that I have so far is http://www.computer-engineering.org/ps2protocol/. If anyone has any better starting point, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks
Bo

boroko
- 27th January 2010, 13:04
Hi all,

My ongoing efforts to use a PS/2 mouse as an input device have gotten me here. It is based on MyTec Control's PS/2 keyboard program.
I'm just trying to get the initialization sequence for a start. I'm using a Saleae Logic pod to watch the exchange and so far, All I can see are the initial $AA $00 from the mouse on power up. Any ideas?

This seems like it would be handy.
Thanks
Bo