PDA

View Full Version : Schematic for PICPLC16?

mugwamp
- 19th October 2005, 02:23
Hello, I've been lurking here for a while while I've been learned PBP and Pic's in general. I think I've learned a lot more from reading the posts than from both tbhe manual and data sheet combined. I'm working on an automated indoor soccer rink project that's going to need a lot of i/o. I discovered what looked to be a great board for my project from a company called MikroElektronica. The website is here (http://www.mikroelektronika.co.yu/english/product/tools/picplc.htm). It's a Pic Plc board with 16 inputs and 16 outputs. It seemed like a good deal for the price so I ordered one. The problem is that unlike with other pic development boards I've seen, the ME folks refuse to provide a schematic. (They included something they call a "functional schematic" which was a picture of the board with some arrows pointing out various features. Not very useful for serious work.) This sure makes it rather hard to know what's going with the circuitry. I'm not looking forward to hours of ohming out circuit traces. Has anyone else had this problem with the company? Anyone got a real schematic?

Melanie
- 19th October 2005, 09:10
The 'functional schematic' indicates the PIC pins to which that I/O appears to be connected. So for example RB7 (next to an LED) indicates an LED/Relay Output. It would be a simple matter of doing a test program to verify that is correct and make the Relay tick...

TRISB.7=0
Loop:
High PortB.7
Pause 1000
Low PortB.7
Pause 1000
Goto Loop

Looks like a useful board (which they've left pretty much for you to figure), but shame they spoilt it by a silly Output Relay Contact arrangement.

mugwamp
- 23rd October 2005, 04:19
It appears that this board was supposed to have a proper schematic in the box but mine did not. The folks at MikroElectronica sent me the appropriate .pdf's and now I be rockin'.