PDA

View Full Version : Logging to a memory card

Tim
- 9th July 2003, 00:27
I need to log alot of data. Is there any memory cards that can be interfaced to? Any code examples?

Thanks,

Tim

Darrel Taylor
- 9th July 2003, 01:22
Hi Tim,

Check out this link
http://www.compsys1.com/workbench/On_top_of_the_Bench/MMC_Project/mmc_project.html

You can interface to very large multi-megabyte mmc cards with their project. You have to buy the software, but I think it's only 21 bucks. If you don't need to read the card with Windows, they have a free version that just uses the SPI mode of the MMC cards.

As for the Time Clock, I use the DS1302, mainly for it's built in back-up battery charger and ease of use. Dallas Semi has several other versions as well depending on the specific needs of your project.

HTH,
Darrel Taylor

Tim
- 9th July 2003, 13:31
Thanks Darrel I'll check then out.

Regards,

TIm

Melanie
- 11th July 2003, 21:14
Construction, program listings (in assembler) and full notes on formatting making it PC compatible can be found in issues Issues 143, 144, 145 and 146 of Circuit Cellar (June-September 2002) which cover using and interfacing Flashcard in detail.

Melanie

Darrel Taylor
- 11th July 2003, 21:20
Melanie,

Sounds Interesting. Is that available online, or do you have to have the magazine??

Darrel

Melanie
- 12th July 2003, 08:43
An entire years back issues are available as a CD for $19 from here...

http://www.circuitcellar.com/products/cd.asp

Just as well as those four installments total 34Mb (when zipped).

Yes I do have it as I subscribed last year ($15 annually - averages 10Mb zipped download per month) and no I don't distribute paid subscription material (that's before anyone asks).

When I first subscribed, I did read the articles. Like all publications, some articles are good, some indifferent and some I don't agree with. That particular one seemed to be quite comprehensive though I've only glanced over it rather than read it in-depth.

I must admit that I've not gone further than checking the contents page for the last six issues or so... just not enough hours in the day.

Melanie

Tim
- 12th July 2003, 12:47
Thanks for the reply Melanie, I will go there and see whats up.

Tim