PDA

View Full Version : SPI PIC to PIC Bi-Directional Communication

CocaColaKid
- 12th October 2005, 16:19
Has anyone done this? If so how hard is it to talk to each one of the PICs? How do you send and receive information? I'm debating on whether to use SPI or plain serial to have two MCU talk to each other.

sakthi
- 18th December 2006, 07:51
hi

i m also doing the same pic to pic comm via spi.i need a help from you.i m using 16f877a.can i get the source code.i m trying to transmit a data from one pic and receiving the data in other side pic and displaying the received data in the lcd.

sakthi

CocaColaKid
- 18th December 2006, 12:24
If I had the code I would love to share it. Unfortunately I received no help with this posting.

mat janssen
- 18th December 2006, 14:53
I did some projects with hserin and hserout up to 250000 baud.
Just test on a special character and the give the rest of the data. This will work in both directions and also from a picchip to a pc and visa versa.

NatureTech
- 23rd December 2006, 09:16
Just goto Microengineeringlabs website and look for the example.I have checked and used the code but i face some weird problem with it.Sorting it out for now.

skimask
- 23rd December 2006, 23:44
hi

i m also doing the same pic to pic comm via spi.i need a help from you.i m using 16f877a.can i get the source code.i m trying to transmit a data from one pic and receiving the data in other side pic and displaying the received data in the lcd.

sakthi

You don't ASK for much, do ya?

hi
i need the code for usart communication between two PICs(16f877a).i tried a lot for reception without using interrupt method,if u have time plz help me to do the program.
Sakthi

hi miseter
i tried the coding by setting trisc as input port but i didnt get the output.plz help me to solve the prblm.
Sakthi

if u find any wrong in my code plz help me to correct it
-Sakthi

hi,
i m doing project in rfid.i need the details abt the power source for that rfid reader,i m using 125khz reader.if any one knows plz help and provide some details abt the power supply circiut.
sakthi

Hi all,
I need the procedure how to install the ic prog in XP for PIC 16F877A.I tried a lot but i didnt get the output the program was not burn in to IC.Plz help me
-Sakthi

hi,
i m doing a project using PIC,now i m trying to transmit a charater from one PIC and to receive that character in another PIC via SPI.I tried a lot using EMBC code.Please help me.if u can give the code,i m using PIc16f877A.
sakthi

Hi
thanks for your above reply.i installed the ig prog in a successfull manner.now i need the baud rate calculation formula for the 20khz (oscillator frequency)pic16f877a controller,totransmit the data via USART.hope u will reply me.
-Sakthi

Hi
i m need of code for transmitting data from one PIC and another PIc receives the transmitted data,the communication is via SPI.i tried a lot bt i didnt get the o/p.i want to know what are the registers i have to configure.and i wantto know whether i have to dowload the transmitter prgm in one PIC and receiver program in another program.plz help me,i need it urgently.plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.i m using pic16f877a